Chappy 11 - Who's The Guy?

Stefanie's Perspective

 When i arrived school, i was immediately greeted by Jeanelle with a beaming smile! She had this aura that gives off good vibe to me this day. At least going to school won't be as bad now that i met her. Ashley had been ignoring our existence except the fact that whenever our eyes meet she keep rollin hers in an annoying way.

After a few morning classes, we took our break and sat on one of our school benches just observing other students chat and gossip latest news while we drink on our chocolate milk. We talked about random stuffs but i never get to ask Jeanelle about her family and so does she. I'm not sure if i should really ask and if she asks me too, i don't know what to say since i basically don't know anything.

"So Stef! Why don't you tell me more about yourself?" Oh boy. Speaking of. I shouldn't have thought about it. Now what?

"Well, uhmm... Actually..." I started but i can't seem to find the right words making her worry.

"Why? Is something wrong?" She asked. I sighed. She's my friend, she'll understand.

"Jean. I have amnesia. I got in uh... car accident and that caused it. But before that happened, i had a lot of wounds, bruises and scars so they concluded that i was... uh... abused. The McDonough brothers are my childhood friend and their family is very close with mine..." While i was saying this, my gaze was on my lap. I didn't want to tell her the real details about the accident; that it was the boys who caused the accident. Not that i'm holding any grudge though. And the abused part... well... since i don't remember anything, i'm sorta fine.

"Oh my... I'm so sorry to hear that Stef but... i don't get it. You were abused but McDonough's and your parents are close? Aren't they supposed to be ni--"

"They're dead... I guess i was with some relatives or something... i don't know." I saw symphaty in her eyes, and i honestly didn' like it. But i think she already sees me as a weak girl who can't defend herself from bullies. I'm somewhat glad i now have my protector. A bestfriend and a protector. I'm quite a lucky one eh?

"Enough about me, at least i don't remember bad memories. It's like a blessing in disguise, don't you think?" I said with a sly smile and she just nods. Then i pondered, now i too have to know about her, right?

"So what about you Jean? Anything you want to share? Since we're already best friends, it's actually a great idea to open up right? We still have time before class starts." I said happily but she wasn't mirroring myself making me forwn a bit.

"Jean?" I urged.

"Nothing special. My dad's being the selfish guy he is, leaving our so called family for god knows what. I don't really care. Actually, i'm not affected by it. My mom, well... she's great. Just the woman i need, the only problem is she's always working so i live alone. I don't really mind. We always keep contact though so it's fine." I hugged her tight, i don't know but i just did. Even if i had the rougher life. I felt the need to hug her and also be hugged.

"You won't leave me, won't you?" She whispered cautiously. I pulled back from the hug and stared at her intently.