Chapter 10 - Force of Attraction

Stefanie's PoV

"I know it's really weird to ask this but... How old are you?" I asked shyly while Jeanelle grinned before bursting into fits of laughter. I wouldn't blame her, I know my question was really stupid now that she just said we're surely going to be best friends. And now here i am, embarrassing myself.

"You are so cute, do you realize that? Well, i'm actually sixteen but it seems like i'm acting older than you, i hope you don't mind that though." I blushed at her "cute" compliment but then i realized her answer.

"You're sixteen? No, no i don't mind but... you're really sixteen?" I asked unbelievably. I mean, if i do say so myself Jeanelle has this gorgeous and fit feature making her look like my age. But she's has too much respect for herself to act bitchy like how Ashley does.

"Yeah well, i kinda skipped grades and i'm glad i did!" She said happily but i was confused of what she meant.

"what do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, i actually don't have real friends you know... some students here just wants to hang out with me for two reasons. One is Popularity, and another is because we're one of those so called wealthy people. Not that i'm bragging okay. That's why i'm glad i met someone like you, you're very true and innocent." She said seriously but with a smile which i returned.

"I'm also glad i met you." I sincerely said making her engulf me in a big hug. Our hug was interrupted by a loud honking of horn. We pulled out from the hug and whipped our heads to the direction of the car where both Connor and Riley were waving from,

"They're here." I said with a smile, holding Jean's hand pulling her with me.

"Who are they?" Jeanelle whispered to me when we were nearing the car.

"My childhood friends. Though their youngest is probably at home." I said and finally making a stop in front of the car.

"Hey guys!" I grinned at them, a bit proud at myself for gaining a new friends. Both boys got off the car and stood in front of us, Connor with a smile while Riley with... uhh... I can't explain his expression.

"Jeanelle, these are Connor and Riley. Connor and Riley, this is Jeanelle! My new friend." I beamed making Connor chuckle.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." Connor waved at her with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too." She replied nicely. We turned at Riley waiting for him to say something.

"Oh! Uh... Hi! N-nice to meet you also." Riley stuttered and stuck his hand out for a handshake. He looks so nervous. I smell something fishy here. Riley was frozen awkwardly while Jeanelle stared at his hand before looking at him giggling.

She laughed and slapped his hand before pulling him into a tight hug making him in a shocked state.

"Sorry pal, handshakes are for dorks. I'm a hugger" Jeanelle giggled, Riley was stiff but his shocked expression turned into a wide smile. When they both pulled out, i looked at both boys.