Chapter Twentytwo

Chapter22 - Secrets

Fora couple of days Sir Guy of Gisborne didn't return to Nottingham. Heknew it would drive the Sheriff mad especially since their planhadn't worked out. The nobels they wanted to reveal as traitors tothe sheriff had been warned but this didn't matter in these days.

Guywatched his servants do her duties and taking care of him but duringher work Lily never smiled. Could it be she missed her friend? Lilydidn't sleep in her room and didn't try to make her master understandanything. All he could do was watch her until it was time to go.

Withouta word of goodbye he rode his horse to Nottingham but instead theSheriff someone else was awaiting him. A rumor was spreading one ofRobin Hood's man were gambling and stealing money in one of thecity's tavern. It didn't sound like Hood at all but taking a lookhimself Gisborne was surprised to see Alan. "What are you doinghere?"

"I'mnot being funny but..."

"Stopthis" He grabbed Alan and pushed him against a wall dragging him tothe backroom. "Now you will tell me what one of Hood's man does ina tavern gambling"

"I'mnot here because of Robin" Alan sighed and sat on a barrell."Listen, I'm worried for Lily. Robin doesn't think of her andblames her for being stupid trusting you but I know it's not that.She..."

"Shewhat?" Gisborne was no longer angry but listened to Alan carefullywho sighed again. "You see... I think she likes you and you willhurt her. You are not good for any woman especially not an angel likeLily. She has a kind heart and is a good person and I do anything toprotect her"

"Anything,yes?" This time Guy grinned and took a silver money from hispocket. "I think there is something you could do to protect her andyour own neck"

"See!I knew you would be willing to kill her! I told her to run away withme!" Alan jumped off the barrell and stepped in front of his enemywho grinned even more. "As you said... she is my servant and I cando anything"

Alansighed but nodded. "What do I have to do?"