Chapter 43

Chapter43 – Archer

"Doyou happen to know the way to Nottingham?" When John looked up aman walked closer. He was younger than him and was smiling like thisday was a perfect and happy day while John was worried for hisfriends and waited for Lily to wake up. "It's that way"

"Thanks...and what's with her?" The man knelt beside Lily and looked at herbody breathing slowly. "I saw someone helping a person like her inthe orient. Would you let me?"

"Letyou do what?" John was confused and didn't like the man was takingLily from her. He held her close to his chest but did somethingbehind her back. "Yes, I feel it. It's exactly what I thought. Herrips are too close to her lungs and she can't breathe... but if I putone finger here and... here... and then..."

Johnheard a strange sound and grabbed his stick to hit the man but thenext moment Lily was breathing and opened her eyes. She looked aroundand stood up to ran into John's arms. "Oh god, you are alive. I wasworried for you, but I got you out of the dungeon and now... you, weare both thankful and Guy will be thankful... Guy... Robin... theyare still in the castle. Lily, we have to hurry... or... no, when Itake you back... Lily, do you know the way to the camp alone? Youhide there and..."

"Icould help. I could go with her"

BothLily and John looked to the man who got up and grinned even more. "Myname is Archer. I was told I have family here and... well, maybe theyhave some money for me"

Lilynodded and took Archer's hand. She led him away from John who sighedand ran towards Nottingham. He asked himself if it was truly a goodidea to leave Lily with a stranger. Several times he wanted to turnaround and follow her, but instead he reached the castle and sawKate, Alan and Much running out of the front gate. "What happened?Where are Robin and Guy?"

 "Theywere after us with Tuk but... the guards must have stopped them"The gang waited a moment before Tuk joined them and after him cameRobin and Guy. Gisborne immediately grabbed John and almost made himstumble. "Where is Lily?"