Chapter 26: Going Home

Dylan's P. O. V
After that the water search and rescue team arrived and Derrick, that's the name of the one we ran into, told them what we told him. They ran off into the direction where we came from. I hear a whirr! whirr! and see the other search and rescue helicopter  he was talking about.  It lands on the sand and about four people climb out. They rush over to Derrick and he tells them what we told them. They run into the forest straight towards the asylum. We all run over and climb inside the helicopter. It takes off and starts to fly us back to California. We all stay awake during the whole flight. I tighten my grip onto Emily's journal. Soon the helicopter lands in California and we're at a hospital. They wheel Alex, Opal and I in on gurneys while the rest go to the waiting room to meet with their parents. I'm wheeled into an examination room where a doctor tells me that I'll be ok and to stay warm. Then I'm escorted into my own room in the hospital. I lay down on the bed. A second later my mom and David come into the room. Its then I let out the tears I've been holding in since the crash. My mom starts to cry too and comes over to my bed and we hug. David hugs me too. I'm told that my friends are going to be ok and that they found the bones and the urn and have contacted the families. Cold air enters the room. I turn my head and standing there in my room are the souls of Emily, Violet, Mikaela, Rosalinda, Jake, Sean, James, and Lucas. Emily looks at me and whispers, " thank you". All ot them look to the left and they disappear. For a second I'm glad the plane crashed. If it hadn't, Emily, her friends, and their families would still be hurting. We don't tell anyone about what happened in the asylum, even if we did no one would believe us. Its our little secret, so is Emily's journal. I'm glad its over and that we're all home safely.