Chapter 19: Sharp and Pointy

Alex's P. O. V.
I shine my flashlight around the room. I know my fear is needles but I still don't know what to expect. The room is bare except for a metal chair that looks like the ones they use in prison for the electric chair. There are cuffs on both arms on the chair and one at the head of the chair to hold my head into place. I walk to the chair, not ready to sit down yet. I shine my light on the left side of the chair. Four empty syringes are dangling next to the chair almost an inch apart from each other. I shine my light on the right side of the chair to see the same thing on its side. Four more empty syringes dangling in mid air. I shine my light around the room and look for Mikaela's body or skeleton. I see it. I shine my light on it and walk towards it. I get on my knees and inspect the skeleton closer. I look at her right arm closely and find a set of four small holes in the bone of the right arm. I look at the right arm and its the same thing. I look back at the chair and the needles dangling in the air beside it. I think- at least I know how I'm gonna face my fear. I get up, walk over to the chair and sit down. The metal cuffs close around both my wrist sealing me in the chair. Another one wraps around my forehead and my ankles. I can't even move an inch. I hear a whir! whir! sound. I only have a minute to be confused before a sharp searing pain makes itself known to my right  arm. I bite my lip in order to stop myself from crying out. A second whir! and another searing pain makes itself known to, this time to my left arm. Another whir! and more pain in my right arm, then again to my left arm. This happens to me again four more times. The needles are stuck deep inside both sides of my arms. I can feel the blood from the holes that the needles made oozing down both sides of my arms. I ball my hands into fists, it hurts, it hurts, oh dear god it hurts!. I grit my teeth together to stop myself from yelling out. An hour has to have passed by now. I breath through my nose because I know that if I even open my mouth I'll let out such a scream that it'll put toddlers and babies to shame. I can feel my knuckles gripping the armrests of the metal chair. I'm clenching my mouth shut so hard it feels like I'm going to smash my teeth together and break them. I close my eyes and breath through my clenched teeth. I can't help but feel sorry for Mikaela and how she died this way. That her family had no idea what had happened to their daughter. That she died at such a young age and the only people that knew about her death had died along with her. I hear eight whir! whir! whir! whir! whir! whir! whir! whir! and the pressure from both my arms is gone. The arm, leg, and head restraints unlock. I jump from the chair and get away from it as fast as I can. I look to where I found Mikaela's  skeleton to find it gone. I practically run to the door, fling it open and step out into the hallway. I say, "I found Mikaela's skeleton. It disappeared like Violet's". Esma grabs my left arm and says, "Alex, you're bleeding!!". I look down at my arm and see that she's right. The tiny holes that the needles made are open and bleeding. Esma wraps both my arms in the bandages that we found to stop the bleeding. When my arms are all bandaged, I say,  "who's next?". Mark says, "I am". Words appear on the door- Mark, you have Jake Richard Henderson. Mark nods. Jonathan says, "you have an hour. Remember we're right behind this door". Mark nods. He walks towards the door, opens it and steps into the room. The door shuts behind him and locks with a loud click!.