Chapter 17:Who's First?

Eval's P. O. V.
Until now I've never completely understood the expression "frozen in fear" now I have pretty good idea. The words disappear from the wall almost like they're blending in. Opal's the first to speak. He says, " ok. So let me get this straight, we can't leave this asylum until we've all faced our fears and find your bones?". Words appear on the wall again. That's right. You also have to face your fears in the order you told them to each other. I know the order in case you don't remember: Austin, Alex, Mark, Jonathan, Opal, Esme, Eval and lastly Dylan. Mark clears his throat and says, "alright, so that means Alex is up first". Alex nods and says, "yeah, yeah, my fear is being buried alive". More words appear on the wall. Ok Alex, listen carefully. In the hallway, you'll find a door labeled "Alex's fear". Don't ask me how its there, I have no idea either. Anyway, once you enter the room the door will automatically lock itself. It won't let you out until you've conquered your fear. I don't know  how it'll relete to your fear but whatever it is, you have to do it without freaking out or calling for help. This goes for the rest of you as well. Also my friend, Violet Elise Greenway had the same fear as you. So her....body.....or bones should be in there. Once you finish and the next person enters the door. Violet's bones will stay in there, along with whose bones should be in the room with the next person's task. Like I said, my friends and I had the same fears as you. So you should be able to find them. So just conquer your fear, find my friends bones, and get the hell out of this asylum so you can get rescued and people can find our bones. Opal says, " ok, but when that happens, what are we supposed to say that we found a journal and a room filled with dear bodies on our own?". You can still say that you were searching the asylum for supplies for Dylan, since that part is actually true. Then you can say, that Mark, who had to search down here, opened a door and found the bones. You have eight days to solve your fears since there are eight of  you. Then when you face your fears and find our bodies you can leave the asylum and go back to the beach. I'm sure they know the plane has crashed by now and are searching for you. I say, "what about Dylan? She has hypothermia. She's in no condition to do this".  Once I say that, we all turn and look at Dylan. She sitting on the floor with one of the blankets I found wrapped tightly around her. At least she's stopped shivering. She still looks pale and she coughs every now and then. More words appear on he wall and we avert our attention from Dylan to the wall. Don't worry, I already have a plan for what to do when its Dylan's turn. Its not anything that's gonna hurt her if that's what your thinking. I say, "how long do we have to face our fear?". An hour, you have an hour. I can feel my mouth form into a frown. I can't help but worry. Austin grabs a flashlight and walks out the room. We trail behind her. She stops at a wooden door. Her name is on the door like someone carved it in with a knife. She places her hand on the doorknob. She looks back at us. Alex puts a hand on her sister's shoulder and says, "remember its only an hour. We'll be right out here". Austin nods her head and says,"   I know". She places her hand on the doorknob and twists it open. The door swings open revealing total darkness. Austin steps into the room, she turns around towards us and says, "wish me luck" before the door slams right in our faces. We don't hear nothing but an audible click! locking the door with Austin inside.