Ending

Now that I knew that Keaton liked me back, I was actually nervous. Nervous that Stephanie would ruin my life. 

As soon as the final bell rang, I was quick to get to my locker. I threw my things in my bag, threw it on my back, and kicked my locker shut. I practically ran out of school. I mean, it was Friday. Who doesn't like Friday?

Besides, Kaylee and I were going to play a short game of soccer behind the school. We had a great turf field. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Kaylee.

From: Chloe

I'm heading out back, meet me there.

I started heading to the back of the campus. As soon as I turned the corner though, I quickly turned back, slamming my back against the hard brick wall. Stephanie and Keaton were there. 

"Yeah. I guess," Stephanie breathed.

I quickly slipped into a small indent in the wall. Stephanie came rushing by, looking upset. I quickly looked over at Keaton. He looked relieved, but upset at the same time. He walked away. I assumed they had broken up. I was glad, but at the same time, I felt bad. As far as I knew, it was because of me.

"Are you okay? You look shocked." she asked.

"Yeah, but I think I just witnessed Keaton and Steph breaking up."

"Oh."

There was a short silence.

"So, you ready to play?"

"Yeah, let's go."