Leaving

The guys were about to leave for The X Factor. I really didn't want them to go. I really didn't want Keaton to go. Wes, Kaylee, Keaton, and I had so many good times together. Wes and Drew felt like older brothers to me. Not having them around was unthinkable.

Which meant that the next four months would be unthinkable.

"We're gonna miss you guys so much!" Kaylee exclaimed, sadness in her tone.

"And you think we're not gonna miss you guys? I wish you could come!" Wes added.

Drew pulled us all in for a group hug. "We're gonna try as hard as we can to win this," he said, in a serious tone.

Wes, Kaylee, and Drew were having a conversation. I turned to Keaton.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I said.

"I'm gonna miss you too," he added, pulling me in for a hug.

"I just want you to do one thing for me."

"What's that?"

"Don't forget to keep in touch," I said, letting out a small laugh.

He kissed me. I kissed him back. We broke apart a few seconds later.

"I'd never forget to do that, even if I was gone for years and years," he said. "I'll text you as often as I can, okay?"

"Okay," I replied.

"Keaton, we gotta get going," Wes said. We walked over to their car. I gave each of the guys one last hug before they got into the car. As they pulled away, I could feel my eyes watering. Kaylee looked at me.

"Are you okay, Chloe?" she asked, concern in her voice.

"I'm just gonna miss them a lot," I said. My tears were unleashed. Kaylee pulled me in for a hug.

"We both are, and it's gonna be tough not having them around. Especially for you. I would hate to have to be without my boyfriend for four months. But we're gonna get through this together, okay?" she said.

"Yeah. We're gonna get through this together," I replied.