Talk

I couldn't believe my eyes. I instantly turned around and ran away, desperate to find Kaylee. I could feel a tear running down my face. I spotted Kaylee in the living room.

"There you are! What's wrong?" she asked.

"I'm leaving right now," I said.

"Okay, let's go," she replied.

We walked out the door and started to head back to my house. "Chloe, you're gonna tell me what's wrong," she stated.

"Well, I was looking for you, and I went into a room, and Keaton was making out with some other girl." It broke my heart to say it. I felt more tears running down my face.

Kaylee pulled me in for a hug. "I'm sorry. What an asshole," she said. "So, what are you gonna do?"

"Well, I definitely need to talk to him tomorrow, I'll give you that."

We stopped at my house. "Bye Kay," I said, running inside. I went into my room and laid on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Everything that had just happened was still sinking in.

+ + + + +

The next day, I went over to the Stromberg's house around 10 AM. When I knocked on the door, Wes answered it.

"I knew you would eventually come. I saw what happened last night," he explained. "Keaton's down on the beach. I'll walk you there if you want."

"That would be nice. I'm sick of being alone, " I replied. We started walking down to the beach path.

"So, did you get my text last night?" I asked.

"Luckily, yes. I don't think Drew had his phone with him," Wes replied, letting out a small chuckle. We were at the end of the path, on the beach.

"Thanks for coming with me," I said.

"No problem," Wes said. "See ya."

I looked down the almost empty beach and saw Keaton, sitting on the sand. I walked over to him.

"We need to talk," I said, sitting down.

"Chlo, I'm sorry! I need to-" he started, but I cut him off. "Then why did you do that? If you were really sorry, you wouldn't have done that in the first place."

"Chloe, you need to let me explain!" he exclaimed.

"Alright, fine," I said.

"I didn't kiss her! I was trying to find you, Kaylee, or Wes, because I couldn't find any of you for hours, and that girl grabbed me and started kissing me! I swear, I didn't kiss back! I saw you out of the corner of my eye, and I tried to go after you, but you were gone," he explained.

It took a minute for me to fully understand. Was he really telling the truth? I didn't know.

"I want to believe you, I really do, but I'm not sure if I can," I said.

He looked desperate. "I promise you, I wouldn't lie to you!"

"Keaton, I really wish we could just end this and evreything would be fine, but it's not like that. I think we should take a break," I said.

"Take a break?" he asked.

"From each other," I replied.

"So, are you break-" I cut him off again. "Yes, I'm breaking up with you, for now."

He looked absolutely crushed. "If that's what you want." He stood up and walked away. I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I had just broken something of my own that could have been fixed. My heart.