Party

3 months later

I was going to a party tonight at some sophomore's house. Kaylee's friend got invited, and Kaylee invited me. I invited Wes, Keaton, and Drew.

I had on jeans and a blue tank top with my hair down. I slid my phone into my pocket just as the doorbell rang. It was Kaylee. We started to walk there, since neither of us could drive. Plus, it wasn't that long of a walk. We stopped at the Stromberg's to pick up Wes and Keaton. We continued to walk to the house. When we got there, it was chaos.

There were people in the pool, people all around the house, people everywhere. I went into the living room of the house. I was looking around for people to talk to. Someone wrapped their arms around my waist from behind. 

"Hi, Keaton," I said.

"How did you know it was me?" he asked, unwrapping his arms and turning towards me.

"Who else would do that?" I laughed.

He shrugged. "True," he replied. "I was supposed to talk to Jack, so I'll see you in a bit." 

He walked away. Just then, Kaylee came up to me.

"Come on, let's go get some food and stuff," she whined, pulling my arm. We got to the table. I grabbed just a water. Kaylee got a soda. I took a sip of my water and instantly spit it out. I could instantly tell it was spiked. I knocked the soda bottle out of Kaylee's hand just as she was about to drink it.

"Hey, what was that for?" she said, annoyed.

"My water was spiked, so I bet your soda was too," I explained.

"Oh, thanks."

I thought we were fine, but then I remembered Wes, Drew and Keaton. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted them.

To: Wes, Keaton, Drew

Guys, the drinks are spiked.

I was hoping they would check their phones soon enough.

"Here, let's go listen to the band," Kaylee said.

The band was really good. They were playing a lot of rock music. At one point, they started playing "We Are Young" by Fun. Kaylee and I were singing along.

"Let's go do something else," I said.

We went into the den, where a few freshman girls and boys were playing Call of Duty. 

"Who's going next?" one of them, Sam, asked.

"I will," I said.

"I bet you ten dollars I'll win," a girl named Stacie, added. She tossed a ten-dollar bill onto the table in front of us. I picked up one of the controllers. Stacie started the game.

I made my character hide in an abandoned warehouse. Stacie was struggling to find me. After a long time of searching, she entered the warehouse. I shot at her, sending her character to the ground.

"No!" she yelled. I picked up the ten-dollar bill and stuffed it in my pocket, grinning.

"Stacie, you just got beat!" Sam exclaimed. I got up to talk to Kaylee, only to find that she was gone.

"Did anyone see Kaylee leave?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think she said something about finding Wesley, you know, the Stromberg kid," someone named Claire replied.

"Thanks," I mumbled, hurrying out of the room.

I walked around, looking for her. I pushed my way through people. I spotted Drew talking to someone. Just as they walked away, I ran over to him.

"Do you know where either Wes or Kaylee are?" I asked, hopeful that he had a clue.

"Last time I saw them, Kaylee was with you, and Wes was near the band. That was a half hour ago, though," he explained. "What about Keaton? Do you know where he is?"

"No, I saw him about an hour ago. Thanks anyway," I replied, walking away. 

I pushed through the crowd again, trying to find my friends. Just as I turned a corner, I saw something that nearly made my heart stop, something I wasn't sure how to react to.

Keaton, my boyfriend, was up against the wall, kissing another girl.