Stephanie

The final bell couldn't have come more slowly. As soon as it did, I hurried to my locker, threw my books in, grabbed my bag and slammed my door shut. I left the school as fast as I could, eager to get home and relax. Usually, I would wait for Keaton, but he and his geometry class all had to stay after to take a test. I skated home alone, which was fine. I was used to it by now.

 When I got to my house, I went to my room and started on my homework. Suddenly, Stephanie came barging in.

 "What the hell, Chloe?!" she exclaimed. I wasn't sure what she was talking about.

 "What did I do?" I asked.

 "You stole my boyfriend!" So that was what she meant.

 "I didn't steal your boyfriend! He broke up with you!"

 "Because of you!"

That was true, but I didn't have anything to do with Keaton breaking up with Steph.

 "And how is that my fault?"

 "This was obviously your idea!"

 "No it was not! Besides, he's not even my boyfriend! We went on one date!"

 "I don't care, I'm still pissed! I really like him!"

 "Then just get out! I can't do anything about it, that's all on Keaton!"

 She sent me a scowl, and then left the room. 

What she didn't know was that he actually was my boyfriend. We went on a few dates, and he had asked me the night before. 

Flashback

Keaton and I were sitting on the beach, watching the tides. We had been sitting in silence for a few minutes, until Keaton broke the silence.

"Chloe, can I ask you something?" he asked. He seemed a little nervous, but I wasn't sure why.

"Of course," I replied.

I could tell he was taking a deep breath. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled. I had been waiting for this moment for the past few weeks. "Definitely."

I didn't want Stephanie to find out. She would have been even more mad.

I grabbed my phone, which had been dead since the night before. I plugged it into my charger, seeing that I had a few messages from Kaylee. She had been sick for the past few days, so I hadn't seen her. I decided to call her.

After a few rings, she answered the call. "Hey girl," she said.

"Hey," I replied.

"Guess who has two thumbs and isn't sick anymore?"

I chuckled. "I wonder who. But guess who has two thumbs and has a boyfriend now?"

She screamed. "Really?! When did he ask you?"

"Last night. I would have texted you, but my phone died and I forgot to charge it when I got home."

"Where were you when he asked you?"

"The beach, we were just chilling out and he asked me."

"Girl, I'm gonna give you the biggest hug ever tomorrow."

I laughed. "Go for it."