Chapter 5: The Inevitable

(Yang)

     After weeks of training, Blake and I developed our skills even more. Though in comparison to where we were during the festival, we have come a long way away. Training endlessly since my upgrade, we both eventually came to the same conclusion that a break was definitely earned. 

Laying on the floor in the training room, that was given to them by Weiss, I said breathlessly, "We should go out, do something fun for once."

Blake turned her head to look at me, raising an eyebrow. 

I pleaded with puppy dog eyes, "Oh come on, and we can't train all the time, if anything comes at us, I'm sure we can handle it." 

Blake rolled her eyes at that before she teasingly said, "I know, but I thought we were having fun." 

I then rolled on top of her, pinning Blake's wrists down as I playfully growled into her ear, "I guess we were, weren't we?"

Blake turned into a blushing mess, not meeting my gaze. I noticed this and got off her, holding my hand down to help her up. With a more gentle smile on my face, I said encouragingly, "Come on, let's go to Junior's Bar."

Blake conceded, sighing dramatically before sternly saying, ''Okay. Just let's not get into trouble and get thrown out of the bar, literally.'' 

I pout playfully at that, hugging Blake close to me, knowing it was her weakness. ''Awe come on, Blake, you gotta have fun somehow.'' 

"There are other ways to have fun without causing trouble.'' 

I rolled my eyes with a smile. ''Fiiiine, let's just go to Junior's Bar already."

Moments later, with both of us in our usual attire, after showering, of course. 

I was waiting in the living room for Blake before I saw her heading towards me. I smiled as I held out a hand, before stating, "at least it's in walking distance.'' 

Blake smiled back at me and said, "Then let's go.''

I winked at her before leading the way out the door and down the street. Blake follows closely behind as she keeps her eyes cautious but away from others, her head bowed down. It wasn't that she was shy or anything like that; she was just careful, things haven't felt safe since Beacon. 

I pretended not to notice and just kept smiling as we entered the bar, cutting through the crowd of dancers to sit on the barstools. Blake sits rather stiffly, there were so many people, and the blaring music was loud to her sensitive ears. 

I notice this as well, placing a hand on Blake's thigh as I said softly,'' relax Blake, no one is going to shoot us.''

Blake shoots me a look before leaning closer, so I could hear her. "I know, but something just doesn't feel right."

I studied her for a bit before sighing softly, draping an arm around her shoulders. "Maybe it's because it's an environment you aren't used to, maybe after a few drinks and dances, you'll feel better."

Blake thinks about it before she mummers, "I think you're right, but I just, my gut tells me otherwise."

I rubbed her back, trying to soothe the tense girl. "How about we try to have some fun and see if that relaxes you, aye?" 

But I was far from being right, because, at that moment, the bar's doors were blown back, metal fragments and dust flying. Blake immediately was on guard, hand on her Gambol Shroud. 

I stood up, on high alert but smiling as I said jokingly, '' jeez peoples, no need to make such a colossal entrance, coulda just walked right on in.''

The dust eventually settles down to reveal a small group of White Fang guards. They stepped back when a familiar dry, raspy voice spoke, ''Nice to see you again, Darling.'' 

Both of us tensed up, and I automatically moved closer to Blake protectively. 

Blake managed to speak up first through her horror of seeing him again, his words giving her enough spite to say,  "I am not your love anymore, Adam!'' 

Adam came into view, in his usual red and black clothing. He was smirking as he said confidently, ''you are always mine, Blake." 

I growled at that statement, slamming my fists together as my aura exploded outward, outlining my body in a fiery glow. I could tell by Blake's urgent gaze that my eyes were red too. "Like hell she is, you asshole!!" 

Without further ado, the White Fang erupted into action. Several throw smoke bombs that instantly filled the bar with black smoke. I hear Blake cry out before also hearing Blake's body slumping to the ground.

I practically scream, ''BLAKE!!'' 

Adam laughs evilly, a horribly dry, raspy laugh. I couldn't find him or Blake through the smoke. I keep looking, though, especially when the smoke clears. 

I spin around, searching with anger and adrenaline pounding through my veins. I growled and punched the ground in frustration but also in horror as both Blake and Adam with his small fleet were gone. 

I sank to the ground on my knees, and despair throbbed in my heart as I screamed with all these overwhelming emotions, ''BLAKE."