Chapter 8: Blood and Schemes

(Blake)

I sat in the torture chamber, still trenched from my recent experience. After what seemed to be an eternity, the door opened, Adam's towering figure in its entrance. He was sneering down at me, who was clinging onto what little hope and mental strength I had left.

Adam said calmly, "time for some answers, my love. Where are the new crates and enhanced Dust? " 

I said tiredly, "I don't know, Adam." I coughed up a little bit of blood again. 

Adam growled and backhanded me. He sounded deranged when he said, "You WILL tell me!!" 

He yanked me to my feet by my neck as he dragged me down the halls. He took me to a room with a small four by 4 foot and 2 feet deep pool and a pole with shackles at the top, which I realized in fear that it was a whipping post. Adam threw me down hard onto the ground by the small pool.

Adam said, "tell me where it is, and you will be spared the torment. Do you think I want to do all this? It's so inefficient, but you're forcing me to resort to this."     

I sobbed and coughed as I said, "I don't know Adam, please, I'm telling the truth. I wouldn't lie to you."

Adam kicks me hard in the ribs before grabbing a fist full of my hair harshly, "tell me! I'm getting tired of this little charade. I rather you work with me than against me, darling." 

I just cringe and don't respond. Adam growled again and shoved my face underwater, causing me to squirm and suck in water. He pulled my head back to let me gasp air in painfully before doing it again and again. 

After a while of what he thinks isn't working, he dragged me to the post and shoved me hard into it. I was at this point beyond delirious in fear and blood loss. Adam chains me up before his whip snapped against my back with a loud CRACK. I tried to scream in pain, but it turned into a coughing and choking fit on a little amount of blood.

(I will skip ahead slightly to spare time and feels)

After some time, I found myself lying on the hard concrete of the first room I was in. I knew that I had to get out, knowing that at this rate, I would die. After careful speculation and observing, a plan slowly formulates. It was hard to think of a plan, primarily through all the pain and blood loss.

I wondered how far I could even make it. I knew that I needed to wrap up this leg that was stabbed earlier. And also to get a crutch so I could even walk. But I didn't move yet to act out my plan for it wasn't complete. I looked around the room and saw a better way out, a small high window, only big enough to fit myself through, and the part where the shackles connected to the concrete walls offered a considerable foothold. 

I could hardly breathe without sharp pain in my chest, and I could barely move the leg that was stabbed. 

Before I could even start on the plan, Adam came strolling in and kneeled by me, looking me over in disappointment.

"I wish you would realize how much you are still mine, how much you belong at my side," he said with exasperation.

 He shook his head as he grabbed my chin as he said in a sickly sweet tone, " you can always decide to work with me, Darling, things would be much better for you if you did."

He then cups my cheek as he leans in closer to my ear to whisper, "and I wish you would realize how hard it is to be apart from you for so long," 

I hissed when he bites my earlobe and tug, making me whimper in fear as I said in disgust, "get off me!" 

Adam ignored my words, moving to my neck to lick it, as he said hungrily, "you always smelled so good."

I started to cry softly, squeezing my swollen eyes shut as he continued to attack my neck. His hands were touching and squeezing places harshly, leaving nail marks and scratches in their wake. My crying turns into sobbing, whimpering when it caused my chest pain. 

I don't even trust it when he pulls back, not thinking that he was about to leave her alone. I heard him grunt as I opened my eyes; he seemed to be debating. 

"You seem to be surprised, my Darling. Don't worry, I will finish this with you, but I have other things I need to do. Especially with your little " friend" Yang. Then I'll enjoy you fully when I can take my time." 

He stands out of his kneel, leaving me in the room as he laughs. I sobbed and coughed as I felt myself collapse internally, though a small part of me was relieved that my innocence was left alone for now.

I began to think of Yang. How I missed her wild golden mane, her lilac eyes that seemed to light up the room, her brilliant smile and gentle warmth. I missed her voice and the way she always looked after me. The way she was actually so kind, despite her temper and rage that she had in battle. But most importantly, I missed her love and fierce care.

I thought about all the things Yang did for me, all her puns and terrible jokes. I thought about the way Yang was basically like a sun, so bright, warm, and fiery. The way Yang was so strong and carefree, and sometimes so mother-like. 

While thinking of all this, it brought back some fight in me to get up and get out. I took a deliberate slow, deep, deep breath then, getting ready for what I had to do.

"But with despair and pain comes strength and healing. With hopelessness and war comes a more significant spark of peace and happiness. " 

-anonymous