Chapter 22 - Reaping Recap

PHILLIPE HONEYMAN'S P.O.V

It's been two months since the first games. It was now the first night of the 2nd minigame. My hair and sparkling suit are a sea green colour.

"3, 2, 1 and you're live," the cameraman said.

"Good evening Panem!" I smiled, "welcome to the recapping of this years 2nd minigame!"

I picked up my notes in front of me. They contained the tributes names and any important info.

"From District 2, we had 3 volunteers. Our tributes included Shadow Golett's brother, Phoxus. We also had a boy name Jorge, who had been caught in a fire last year. Good luck to District 2!"

I saw Fione on set out of the corner of my eye. I tried not to get distracted by her beauty.

I looked at the camera on my right. "District 6 a girl named Tifa, who we found out helps beat up criminals with the Peacekeepers. What a tough cookie," I smiled to the camera. "We also have a boy named Lawson, who lost his hand during an accident."

I looked back to the centre camera. "In District 10, we have 3 orphan kids, Vamos and the twins, Rupilia and Friary. I think I speak for the nation when I say we were all shocked to see Rupilia's name reaped twice." I looked at my notes. "We also have Muscida, a girl who lost her tongue to torture by her parents. Poor kid."

"What about Astonia's parents though?" I asked the audience. "The Peacekeepers shot them right on the spot. It certainly was a dramatic way to end the Reapings!"

The cameraman signalled we were running out of time. "So, our 24 tributes have been reaped, and only 3 survive. This has been the Reaping Recap. I am Phillipe Honeyman, goodnight Panem!"

The camera shut off and I walked over to Fione. Her hair was still pink, but she had blue streaks in her hair now.

"How are you?" Fione asked.

"I am very good. A new Hunger Games is around the corner. More tributes to interview!" I smiled. "How are you?"

Fione looked to the floor. "Come with me."

I followed her into her make up room. She locked the door and took her shirt off.

Her back was covered in whip marks and bruises.

"What happened?" I asked, feeling faint. "What have they done to you?"

"The President isn't happy with my performance. I support the underdogs and the outer laying Districts. I don't care for the Careers. He hurts me every time I speak highly of anyone else." She sobbed. She put her shirt back on and I hugged her, trying not to squeeze her too hard in fear of hurting her.

"From now on, we'll act. For the cameras. I hate District 1, 2 and 4 as well, so from now on, we can speak to each other in private about all of this. No one has to know." I said, playing with her hair as she rested her head on my sodden shoulder.

"Thank you. You are the most amazing guy ever." With that, she looked up through her teary eyes and kissed me.

TRIBUTES:

District 2 - Phoxus Golett, Grandis Caldwell, Sage Combe, Spiro Martial, Leporis Franke, Jorge Perthsire, Sectus Yule, Spikelet Quinn.

District 6 - Cherrie Scrabble, Tifa Caraway, Devon Jones, Cresselia Black, Aldjoy Wellwood, Jackson Way, Lawson Wiesneria, Carlia Albidella.

District 10 - Muscida Inchicape, Vamos Horne, Stevia Picklewood, Duncain Mugort, Nitya Flamsteed, Friary Etherdone, Rupilia Etherdone, Astonia Eltweed.