EPILOGUE

A/N so yeah guys I figured out it's called epilogue... ( excuse my stupidity) anyways enjoy the last part in Love's Ways :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Prom 

Jessi

I let the curl fall down below my shoulder. "There" I say to myself my hair is done. I take a few steps back from my bedroom mirror. The mint green dress reached all the way down to the floor. It swayed with every step I took. I took a deep breath and my heart sank. Ever since Kevin said he had an interview tonight I just know I wont be able to enjoy the dance as much. Since the exams were over, and I could actually focus on other things other than studying, I've been planning on tonight to be perfect. 

We were gonna eat dinner and take pictures and everything. Like all those super cliche couples. I hoped for the perfect night. And for a while I thought I was actually going to come true. I mean i already booked a photographer for tonight. Which I reluctantly had to cancel. But life just couldn't let me have what i wanted could it?

I sat down on my bed and bent over my hands covering my face, psh I wasn't gonna cry, psh. The tears stung my eyes, but I blinked them away. Crying over the fact that my boyfriend was applying for a college was stupid. A normal girlfriend would be happy, and excited. But that's a normal altruistic girlfirend for you. I guess when it comes to Kevin i get as selfish as they come. Deep inside I just wanted to smack myself for being so self-centered. Pretending to be happy was pretty easy when I had to do it over the phone two days ago.

My phone buzzed from the table. " Yeah?" I ask being too lazy to read the caller I.D. "Hey Babe." His voice was like music to my ears. Figuratively speaking. " Hey." I simply reply. "So remember that University I got my scholarship too?" His voice sounds childishly excited. "Mhhhm" I nod even though he can't see me. "Well guess what?" He holds back the important information from me. Making me just a bit curious

"What?" I ask smiling in anticipation. " I thought I told you to guess." He teases knowing I hate guessing. " Ugh Kev." I complain scrunching up my nose in frustration. " Just kidding." He replies and I could hear him giggling at my reaction.

" Then tell me babe." My fingers tap the counter impatiently. " Okay, okay.." He gives in and I can hear the laughter simmering down. " They asked me to come in for an interview! "He shouts into the reciever and I wince not expecting that. "Holy crap that's amazing!" I yell back as a type of revenge for making me deaf the first time."Gee you'r really excited huh Princess." He calmly says, and I could just imagine him giving me a dissaproving look for yelling at him withought warning. Payback. 

"Yep." I pop the 'p' and grin. " There is only one thing that kinda sucks though. " He says quietly, probably hoping I didn't hear. "What could possibly be bad about about the interview?" I ask carelessly not taking in the seriousness of his tone. " It's this weekend" He blurts out. And my mind scrambles to remember what was going on this weekend. My eyes widened as I remembered it was the Prom. 

"Oh...t-that's fine." I manage to say trying to sound just as cheerfull as I wanted him to think I was. "Are you sure?" He asks not buying my fake cheery-ness. " Positive, besided the interview is more important then a stupid dance. " I reassure him this time sounding more convincing. "I'll make it up to you, I promise. " He says sounding really serious and I melt.

" Really? And how will you do that?" I challenge his promise. A smirk creeping up on my face. "Umm... I'll come as soon as the interview is over. " He thinks up something on the spot and I smile knowing he's really trying. " Works for me. " I say quietly and smile even though he can't see me." Good, I'll see you this weekend then?" He asks already knowing the answer." Yeah."