CH 13: INVITATION LIST

Jessi

I heard voices and footsteps outside my door. I looked up from my desk, only to see Kasey barge in my room with Grace her new friend. They were giggling and it looked like they were getting along pretty well.

I don't know if it was just me but there was something about that girl that I didn't like and that kept me from hanging out with them so much. She seemed to me like one of those trend followers not caring to be a leader herself. But who am I to judge Kasey's new best friend?

I smiled at the two and went back to writing my email to dad. Kasey walked up to me and poked my side with her fake nails. I jumped not expecting her to do that." Haha, did I scare you Jess?" She asked amused. " No I jumped for the mere fun of it." I replied sarcastically, and looked up at her with a smirk on my face. " Grumpy aren't we?" She replied " No, well I dont think so, anyways what do you want?'' I asked looking behind her and scanning Grace.

" Oh well I thought that you would be honored to have the privilage of planning our......wait for it.....Drumroll please." She looked at Grace and she started banging on her knees as fast as she could " Our GOING AWAY PARTY!!!" She yelled "TA-DA!" Grace yelled from the entrance of my room. I looked up a little surprised. A million thoughts were going through my head.

A party? I havent been at one since like ever. My parents never approved the fact that I would be going to a school dance since I was in seventh grade, they believed it was just a time for kids to do whatever they wanted and things they shouldn't be doing. They thought the dances were never supervized enough. And this is a teenage party, with no adults attending would be my number one guess. What if they get super angry and then never let me go anywhere with Kasey. I don't even know anything about planning parties. What if it all turns out in disaster? Everyone will hate me forever, I will humiliate Kasey in front of everyone. No it's decided I will have nothing to do with this and Kasey can be dissapointed in me all she wants. I'm not going to plan it, and niether am I going to attend it. And on the night of I'm gonna stay in my room and maybe even taking a long nap or something. I wont get caught red handed going to a party cuz if my parents ever find out I'll never be trusted with anything ever again.

My face must have given away the fact that I was a little worried. "Jessi..um....Jessi are you okay?" She waved her well manicured hand in front of my dazed face. I shool my head trying to get rid of all those negative thoughts. " So what do you think?" She looked at me knowing that I couldn't reject an amazing idea like this. " It was Grace's idea, isn't it great?"  She asked me not patient enought to wait for my answer. " Yeah I think it's amazing" I said smiling at Grace and she smiled back, and for this once I think It was pretty genuine. I didn't want to give them the bad news " And I'm sure you all are going to have a great time."

I said cautiosly trying to make this less difficult, but Kasey wouldn't let me. " Yeah I kinow and the three of us are going to have the best time ever, and were going to be the hit of the....wait a sec, did you just say 'us all' indicating that you're not coming?" She asked me, a confused expression on her face. " Yeah" I whispered looking back at my blank computer screen." What do you mean you won't come? Why not? How could you?..." She sputtered a million questions at me, her voice sounding a little mad but mostly dissapointed. My eyes cautiosly wandered up at her and I started to explain the reasoning behind my decision.

Kasey was being such a great friend that she is, listened to every word that came out of my mouth, not once interrupting me. Well for the most part anyways, there  were a few bumps in the road. " ...I just don't want to risk my trust from my parents.You know exactly what I'm talking about, there really is no way around it." Feeling a little better now that a huge load was being let off my shoulers. I looked over at Kasey, and she had a look on her face from which I could defenitly tell she was formulating a plan.