CH 11: CAR RIDE

Jessi

Wow, today is going to be the best day of my life. Well almost. I guess Kasey returned back to her sences, when she told me that we were going to go to the Fall Festival Fair. You should have seen me when she told me the news, I was ready to kiss her. (But I didn't of course) The only problem is that since they/we leave so far from everywhere the ride there is going to be about an hour or two. But it's ok, I'm sure my Ipod will keep me busy. Plus I need to text my mom to let her know how everything is going.

I threw on my most comfortable skinnies and an Aero tee. Then grabbed my Ipod from my bed and placed it in my back pocket. I don't know how this day could get any better, or any worse. But when I reached the living room I got my answer.

Aunt Becca was fininshing her conversation on her phone while Kevin was putting Constance's jacket on. And Kasey like always was sitting on the couch texting her boyfriend Tanner. I frowned and rolled my eyes, I just had to ask didnt I.

We all walked towards the truck we were taking, to my liking it was red. And even though I was hoping me and Kevin did not have to sit next to each other it was unnesessary to even wish. Kasey jumped up onto the front seat and aunt Becca decided to be our driver for the day. My only hope was that Constance didn't mind sitting in the middle.

I opened the back door and Voila! Constance's car seat was in the middle. I knew this day couldn't be that bad. Kevin sat Constance in and helped her with her seat belt. Then he got out and let me sit on the left side of the car. He closed the door for me and went around the front of the car to his own seat.

I got out my phone and texted my mom

' I'm k, were heading 4 the fair. hope u guys r having a gr8 time @ home. Luv ya!'

My mom is amazing, she trusts me so much that she even let me go on this trip by myself, and even though Kasey is here that's not saying much.

I looked at my Ipod and something red caught my eye. I had 2 percent battery left. I'm toast!

Kevin

I glanced over in her direction, she was completely consumed in her Ipod. I kind of hoped we could somehow interact even during the car ride. But thanks to electronics, this was not made possible.

I sighed and looked out the window, the scenery was not that bad. Something better to look at than Kasey's love text's to her stupid boyfriend. I don't know what she finds in that Tanner kid. He's not even half as good looking as me, and he doesn't have abbs or anything of the sort. He plays baseball which is the only thing I find acceptable about him.

Thinking of Tanner and Kasey did not cheer me up whatsoever. Why does Jess have to be so stubborn? Looking at her just makes me want to take her into my arms and kiss her. Why can't she see that she needs me and I need her?

Jessi

The screen went black, I exhaled in despair and looked to my right. Constance was fast asleep in her carseat, and Kevin was looking out the window consumed in his thoughts.I then saw Kasey staring at her phone screen smiling and typing something onto the screen. How I envy her.

She's so easy going so carefree. I on the other hand worry about every single detail, work out all the possible consequences to every desision I make. But one of my most biggest desisions was not going to turn out as I planned. Me coming here was supposed to be a little vacation to get away from my other world. All the school, my so-called friends pressuring me into doing things that I know would not have positive outcomes.

But from the moment I sat into that car soaking wet. I noticed something about that kid. Something....different.

Just from the way he gazes into my eyes makes my stomach feel like a swarm of butterflies is attacking it.

Why can't he understand were just not meant to be. My feelings are just something I don't know how to deal with just yet.

I looked out my window, and gazed on the trees passing by. Were just not meant to be....