Epilogue. I still love you.

100 years later during the war between Alaverz and Fairy Tail....

Due to Irene's use of Universe One, Zeref was within mere inches of the Fairy Tail Guild Hall. Zeref smirked to himself. Finally, after 100 long years, he would be able to gaze upon the body of his lover.

He couldn't wait.

As he walked inside the guild hall he sensed a magic presence.

Who else with this magic power could be in this guild, they all should've been transported!

But then the magic presence felt familiar. Yes, it felt awfully familiar.  Feeling the presence once more, it's cheerful yet concerned yet childish demeanor, Zeref's eyes opened at the revelation.

It was Mavis! And she was getting closer.

Trying to hide his excited smile behind a playful smirk, Zeref sat on the chair waiting for her. His heart skipped beats and he felt a bit warm inside. He managed to wonderfully hid all his excitement behind a smirk.

She's coming.

Mavis had no come face-to-face with Zeref, her former lover; her friend

Mavis had no come face-to-face with Zeref, her former lover; her friend.  Mavis' heart fluttered at the sight of him but then she recomposed herself. She remembered how Zeref and his Alaverz army had hurt her nakama and now a serious look adorned her face.

"Zeref!" Mavis exclaimed in surprise.

"Mavis." Zeref said calmly in a low smooth voice and a smirk on his face. This reminded Mavis of the time when Zere said he never loved her 100 years ago.

But that's all in the past.

"What happened to everyone! You couldn't have-"

"No. This wasn't my handiwork. To be honest with you this entire situation has me rather perplexed as well." Zeref explained to her.

Zeref then stood up.

Mavis in her best trying to comprehend what happened, "So you're saying that all the people within the kingdom were spilt up and sent sent randomly to various places?"

 Zeref then added, "Of course this goes for my allies as well."

Zeref then started to walk towards Mavis saying, "That is not all. The overall landscape has gotten smaller," Mavis stood in relative shock over what just happened and the fact that he was slowly approaching her. 

Mavis stepped back. Zeref sensing her slight uneasiness smirked more and continued, "I'd estimate that its about 1/20 of its normal size.. probably less."

Mavis then regained her serious composure, "For the sake of increasing the encounter rate between Fairy Tail And Alaverz?" She asked a bit curiously and knowing for sure she was right.

"Correct. I'd wager that's her aim. In her own way, Irene is trying to end the war while still in its early stages." Zeref answered Mavis stopping directly in front of her. Looking down on the petite figure before Zeref continued, "And thanks to her efforts, here I stand. And that which I seek Fairy Heart is standing right before my eyes."

Mavis glared at Zeref. True he had reason (legit reasons) for his action this time but she still hated this selfish side of him. That selfish side that might and will hurt her nakama.

Zeref then smiled softly. Mavis was a bit startled by this, "It's been 100 years since we met like this huh?"

"95 years to be precise." Mavis corrected him.

"I could still feel your voice, your very being for that entire time." Zeref said softly. It was hard for Mavis to keep a serious face as her heart melted.

He's hurting my nakama! I shouldn't be... feeling.. this. This is wrong.

 Zeref knew very well that Invel was outside that door and whatever he wanted to do, he had to do it fast. He gently placed her hand on Mavis' cheek just like she did 95 years ago.

Mavis stood there in shock. Zeref leaned in and whisper, "I'm sorry for killing you all these years ago, my dear." Mavis' face glowed a pink hue when she heard that and Zeref quickly pecked her cheeks leaving Mavis to stand in absolute shock.

With her hand trembling, Mavis attempted to touch Zeref's face but got frozen by Invel.

"Cease this at once, Invel." Zeref said firmly, his eyes almost turning red.

"Your Majesty, although I sympathize with your relationship with this girl. She is the embodiment of Fairy Heart itself. If by any chance she were to turn this magic power against us-" Invel started but was soon interrupted by Zeref.

"Mavis understand better than anyone that Fairy Heart is a spell that absolutely mustn't be used under any circumstances. Even if it was for the sake of killing me, she wouldn't dare activate it." Zeref explained being thoroughly aware to him that Mavis still had some kind of feelings for him.

And he was doing a terrible job at hiding it.

"But your Majesty-"

"Mavis was trapped inside a crystal for an eternity... unable to move a single muscle in her body. Stealing her freedom once again, after she had finally been freed.. it pains my heart." Zeref said not believing the words that came out of his mouth.

 Invel looked on with his usual serious face. To Zeref, he looked like he wasn't convinced and then firmly said, "Invel."

"It shall be done." 

Joy glowed in Zeref's heart when he saw Invel free Mavis. True, he may not have been able to do something about his feeling for the girl now but he knew that deep down in his black soul,

He loved her. He had always loved her and will always love her. 

THE END.