Chapter 9. When darkness takes over.

It was already morning on Tenrou Island.

Zeref walked up to the sleeping Mavis and smiled. He could get used to seeing this cute face forever.

"Mavis, wake up." He said softly giving her a small kiss behind her ear.

Mavis slowly opened her eyes to see  Zeref beside  her.

"Zeref!" She squealed hugging him. Zeref hugged her back and thought of everything Sombra told him last night.

Mavis noticed Zeref's face.

"Zeref, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, it is. Sorry to worry you."

"There's something he's hiding from me, I could feel it."

-------------

Mavis just finished collecting berries for lunch when she heard whispers.

"Hello? Who's there?"

"Nice to meet you again, Mavis." Sombra greeted bowing like gentlemen.

Mavis was scared. So scared that she dropped the basket and was frozen in place.

"Mavis, is every thing alr..." Zeref asked walking until he was frozen in fear. Out all of people, he didn't expect to see him there.

"Zeref? Whose that?"

"I don't know, Mavis."

"Come on ,Zeref. Don't play dumb."  Sombra smirked before releasing a shadow dagger and it was heading straight for Mavis.

Mavis stood there absolutely frozen in fear. Zeref tried to catch the dagger but it was  a shadow.

Then Mavis started to glow yellow. Then a shield appeared around her with the Fairy Tail insignia on it.

"Mavis."

"That brat."

"Come on, let's go." Zeref urged holding onto her hands right before they started running away.

"You cannot escape the darkness, Zeref."

--------

"Mavis, do you trust me." Zeref asked upon reaching a beach.

"Yes, I do but who is he?" Mavis asked referring to that scary guy.

"Don't worry about him. I want you to get on this boat and off the island, now." Zeref ordered.

"What, you're not coming?" Mavis asked getting sad.

"It's okay. Don't worry about me. I'm fine."  Zeref comforted he  with a smile. He hen placed her on the boat and stroked her hair.

"You're leaving me again." Mavis cried.

"I'll come back for you. I promise." Zeref promised holding he  face.

Then Zeref gave her a small kiss on the lips before sending the ship off.

It broke his heart, to send Mavis off the island but he did it for her safety

"I'm proud of you, Zeref."

"I know. I don't ever want to see her again. I was just playing with her emotions."

"That's the way."

----------

Alrightty folks. A lot of thing  have happened so yeah.

As always folks,

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Enjoy ^_^