Chapter 8. Can you feel the love tonight?

Zeref sat there in the pool.

He was  right. Probably Mavis didn't think of him in the same way. But he really did miss spending time with her and today that's what he's gonna do.

He got dressed and saw Mavis at the camp. She looked confused or happy. He couldn't tell at the moment but she was writing something in the ground.

"What'cha doing?"

"Nothing." Mavis smiled rubbing the dirt as if she was hiding something.

"How about we get some berries?"

"Sure!"

Along, the way Mavis was  curious as to why Zeref was smiling non stop.

"Zeref, stop freaking me out."

"Why?"

"Or else I'll do this." Mavis exclaimed jumping onto Zeref and tickling him.

"Mavis, stop this instant."

Zeref slowly got up and tripped. He was falling down a hill and he brought Mavis with him.

Then tumbled down the hill and landed on a flat. Zeref was on top of her and he was laughing.

Mavis then realized what that feeling was. She wanted more than his friendship, she wanted his love.

It was then, that she gave him a small peck on the cheek. Zeref was shocked. Mavis got up and started to walk away.

Zeref got and followed her. Mavis stopped st the edge of a cliff over looking the horizon.

Zeref crept up closer and wrapped his arms around her waist then Turner her around.

They had never been this close to each other before. Zeref stared into her green, emerald eyes, perfectly reflected the sunlight in her eyes.

Mavis liked into his black eyes and she saw that he cared about her and he wanted to be with her forever and ever.

At moment, Zeref tilted Mavis' chin upwards and kissed her; tenderly and passionately. Mavis wrapped her arms around his neck and sinker into the kiss.

"Mavis Vermilion, I love more than anything else."

"Zeref, I love you too."

----------

Deep in the dark forest of the night, Zeref was practicing his Black Arts.

Then someone fully clad in armor accompanied with a red cape for a king appeared. His hair was in a similar manner like Gajeel's and his eyes were green.

His eyes were green with red irises and a purple mist-like thing was coming out.

"Zeref, what's wrong? You seem distracted."

"It's nothing really."

"It was because of that bratty blond bimpo, Mavis Vermilion, eh?"

"No, I just had a good day today."

"Zeref, you can't lie to me. You like her, don't you?"

"No, I don't." Zeref answered quickly blushing.

"I knew it. That girl needs to go."

"She hasn't done anything wrong!"

"A dark mage doesn't need love. "

"Well, this one does."

"Zeref,.I swear, get rid of that brat or else I will kill her." Sombra threatened.

Zeref was scared. He feared for Mavis' life.

What was he going to do?