Chapter One

Kidnapped: Chapter One

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Groaning I pressed the snooze button on my alarm clock. I sat up in bed, wiped the sleep out of my eyes and looked over at the clock and saw the time.

7:45

Only having 15 minutes to get ready I pounced out of my bed and jumped to my dresser. I pulled out a maroon tank top and cut-off shorts.

Doing the speediest quick change ever, I pulled on my clothes, a nice sun hat, and some grey booties to match it together.

I grabbed my make up bag and sat at my cluttered vanity. It had books, science and math ones of course! Magazines were on there too, like seventeen and teen vogue. I turned on my curling iron and looked in the mirror.

Damn, for just waking up I looked good.

The only make up I needed was a little blush on the cheeks and some cherry Chap Stick.

Making a few big curls in my hair I fluffed it up a bit. Applying another coat of Chap Stick, I threw my keys in my purse and hurried out of my room to the kitchen. I looked for my cat Kitters and found her sleeping in her house. Throwing some food in her dish I walked out the door, relived and happy I got ready so quick.

Digging for my keys in my oversized purse I thought to myself how much I wish I could just shove everything into my pockets.

Kicking my yellow Volkswagen Beetle, I decided I could walk since school is only a few blocks away.

Annoyed, mad, and upset I trudged along the four blocks it took to get to school. Being the last day of school until spring break started, I would usually be happy and excited, but today just seemed like something out of the ordinary was going to happen.

From middle school to high school I changed into a whole new person. In middle school I was a nerdy perfectionist, who loved to LARP and play Word of Warcraft. I was pretty but didn’t take any effort to be fully beautiful. Now as a senior in high school, I’m on the tennis team, and the cheerleading squad. I learned how to straighten my curly mess of a hair to perfection and how to work a blush brush. I got a new whole wardrobe and fashion magazines to last me a life time.

I’m still nerdy and a mega gamer, but I know how to hide it better.

And what resulted in this change, you ask?

My best friend Landon.

He moved away right before the beginning of freshman year and left me as a loner.

Survival of the fittest they say.

Landon was one of my only friends who completely understood me. We knew each other from second grade where we got in a fight over a cupcake and ended up in the principal’s officer together. Then and there we made a promise to always split our cupcakes in half and that we were going to be best friends forever.

Still to this day I break my cupcakes in half.

Even though Landon became popular in middle school we were still inseparable. He would fight off the bullies for me and I would help him with his math homework.

You could even call us the perfect pair.

I thought we were a perfect pair, because I was in love with him.

And you might be thinking as an 8th grader what do I know about love? Believe me I was thinking the same thing. I just knew that Landon was the guy who would always treat me right, protect me when needed, calm me down when I was scared, and basically love me for being me. I was willing to try new things with him like ice skating, which I happened to love.

When he told me he was moving away I was devastated. I thought it wouldn’t be that bad because we could always talk on the phone and text each other. I thought that we could keep contact with each other. And so did Landon, who promised to call me every night.

But of course like most guys, he broke his promise.

At first he was good at calling me to check up on me and responding to my texts. After a month or so he stopped answering his calls and rarely sent me texts back. Why? I’m not quiet sure myself. I just figured he moved on and got new friends.

That’s when my transformation happened.

That is when I became popular.

Thanks Landon for screwing up and improving my life at the same time.

Of course that’s something he would do.