Chapter 12 (Stefan's POV)

PLOP PLOP PLOP BOOOOOOMM I heard the thunder booming outside as it poured. It was a particularly crappy day outside but I was in a good mood that nothing could shake today or so I thought. I ran downstairs as usual and saw Jessica reading a book.

"Whatcha readin?" I asked damnn I probably sounded annoying.

she looked at me with her big hazel eyes and my knees felt a little weak for a second.

"East of Eden" she said carefully

"Oh Steinbeck I love his stuff I actually met him once when he was promoting his book Of mice and men."

Her face lit up and she said

"Oh! I love that book"

"So do you like to read a lot?" I felt so nosy

" I love it's like an escape you get to read about love,adventure, even fantasy it's nice to read when Im feelin down you know"

I nodded my head.

I heard Elena giggle in the kitchen and I heard Damon cooking something, Jeremy must've been upstairs blasting Nirvana I can always recognize Kurt Cobains raspy voice.

"You okay" Jessica asked breaking my concentration

"yeah" I smirked.

"Stefan you need to have some fun today" She said this her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Lets dance! Thats always fun!"

I looked at her thinking oh no.

"umm I can't really dance." I said staring at my uncoordinated feet.

"Well who said thats going to stop us" she giggled and stood to her feet she ran over to Jeremy's speakers and popped her phone in she started playing this song.

"Its called Little Deschutes By Laura Viers its great for dancing."

She grabbed my hands and I stood in front of her. I looked down to her face Im taller. She grabbed my hand and put it on her lower back. She put her hand on my shoulder and are other hands intertwined our fingers. She started pulling me across the room and telling me where to move my feet.

"I think your getting the hang of this" she said with joy

I twirled her showing of my newfound skill and pulled her back closer to me. Our faces were inches apart I could feel her cool breath on my face and smell her flowery perfume.There was no longer space between us and her chest was against mine. I could feel the beating of her heart and we kept gliding across the room. I looked into her hazel eyes and felt a force pulling my lips towards her. And we stopped dancing and we were standing there and just as I was about to kiss her delicate lips I heard the sharp ring of the Doorbell.