Chapter 9 (Jessica's POV)

I ran outside and it felt like my lungs were being squeezed. Is as heaving just to catch my breath. I sat down on the porch and it felt like there was a rock in my stomach. Why does everything always have to happen to me. Why can't I just be a normal supernatural being if that makes any sense at all. I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't turn around.

"Are you okay" Stefan said carefully

The only words I could make out were

"Im sorry"

"It's not your fault we all would've gotten involved anyways.But you shouldn't be afraid you will be okay." Stefan said all this genuinely but I couldn't think straight.

"Im not upset or scared or even sad I'm angry. I have been cursed to live this horrible life and the bad things just keep piling up. I didn't want to be a vampire, I didn't want to be a ripper, I didn't want to be a hero. I wanted to just be a normal girl."

Stefan gave me a peculiar look and I was surprised by his reaction.

"You're a ripper" he said

"Yes, I mean I was"

"What do you mean you were"

"Well you can be cured of course"

Stefan's face looked up and his pupils seemed to grow smaller.

"Why didn't you tell me this last night, when I told you"

I looked around and realized there wasn't really any reason I didn't tell him just that I forgot.

"Im sorry I forgot, it didn't come to my mind. I mean I can cure you if you want."

"Of course I would want you to, but then I would have to do something for you I mean you would be saving my life." He then stared down at his feet.

"I know! You can come live at the boarding house until your supernatural destiny or what ever has been fulfilled, I mean you will be coming here a lot anyways." He said this with so much enthusiasm-- man I remember what is was like to have so much hope.

"Thank you, I said I'll come back here tomorrow with my stuff and Ill cure you."