Chapter 17 (Klaus' POV)

I woke up this morning in a daze. I haven't slept this well in a while. I looked to my right and I saw my gleaming silver watch on my night stand. I then heard a rustle next to me. Then the events of yesterday flashed through my mind like a slide show on hyper speed. I went to the Salvatore Boarding house to kill the witches new secret weapon when I saw-- her. I was angry and confused and emotionally unstable. I needed answers, I interrogated her in one of the many Salvatore bedrooms and saw the anger and pain in her eyes. But mostly I knew I was still madly in love with this girl. She made my knees weak and my heart skip a beat. And when I saw tears fall from her beautiful hazel eyes my heart broke into thousands of tiny pieces. I held her and I kissed her and as she looked in to my eyes I knew she had forgiven me. When we left the Salvatore house we did not run into any of it's inhabitants. Neither of us had any concern but we went back to my house and went to my bedroom. We could not keep our hands off each other. It had been so long since I had felt like this. I was almost surprised by the feeling. I was happy.

That's when my recollection of yesterdays events were interrupted by another rustling. Then I turned to my left and saw her. Her long brown hair was still straight. She snuggled under the covers looking cold almost. She has faint dark circles around her eyes like she hadn't been sleeping for a while, but it made her look even more beautiful and full of depth. She had rosy pink lips that were perfect and irresistible. Her complexion was flawless with no freckle or imperfection. I saw her chest rise as she sighed and she opened her mouth to speak.

"You're staring" she said with her eyes still shut.

"I'm gazing" I replied back

"It's creepy" She said with a cute smirk on her face.

"Its romantic" I said emphasizing each syllable.

Her eyes the opened wide and I saw her study my face. I then rolled over onto her and with our bodies touching I kissed her lips tenderly. She smiled and kissed me back. I then lied back down and I felt her shiver. Here I said handing her my black button down dress shirt I was wearing yesterday. She put it on and smiled. She then this time rolled on top of me and kissed me with passion. I held onto this feeling and remembered all the good times we had together. I just held onto her close as we lay in my bed.

"I wish it could all be simple like this forever."She said sighing.

"Well it can be love"

"No it can't Nick." She said this frowning,but I couldn't help thinking about her calling me Nick. She and Rebekah are the only ones who ever called me Nick and account of my name being Niklaus.

"Shh" I said placing my finger on her lips,

"Then lets just enjoy it while it last."