[Chapter 6] (PART ONE) The Boxman Challenge

-Shane's POV-

So, that night, upon returning to the house, Lisa disclosed to Rachael the situation. Rachael strongly detested, saying that that's the most stupid thing Lisa could ever possibly do. But Lisa didn't really care, and instead of just telling her she's already made up her mind, she made things worst by playing the same card and saying moving here was the worst thing Rachael could've ever done. The two of them went all out at each other and we literally had to tear the two of them apart. Rachael stormed off into her bedroom, telling Lisa, and may I quote, "Get the fuck out of my apartment! I never want to see you or hear from you again!" Lisa just stood there, not knowing what to do with herself.

And that's when God gave me my second chance - I was given the responsibility to take her to the airport. While we were sitting in the seats, I just kind of stared at her. She was pretty upset with the whole situation too, and she clearly didn't want to talk about it. So, nothing was said between us.

The announcement was made over the loud speaker for Lisa's plane. The two of us stood up and she looked at me, and I looked at her. And...I did nothing but tell her to have a safe flight. I mean, seriously, a safe flight? How stupid am I!?!

I walked out, got in my car, and went to the bar. That place was the place I always seemed to go whenever I was stressed, didn't know what to do, or just because. And tonight I think it was because of all of those reasons.

I went up to the bar and ordered the usual. As I was waiting for my drink, I happened to notice a girl walking in. She had wavy, black hair and was sort of petite. She was solo and came up to the bar right next to me, "A beer please," She said to the bartender who had just brought back my drink.

"Hi," I greeted. The girl looked up at me and smiled, "I'm Shane."

"Mari," She replied.

"Are you new here?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I just moved into the apartment complex down the street."

And that, my friends, was the first time I met the newest addition to the Smosh Games crew. And can you guess what I did? I ended up going back to her place and sleeping with her. Only to find out the next day, when the Smosh Games crew came over to our house, I was reintroduced to her.

Both of our eyes widened in shock. When no one was around, we agreed to never speak of what happened last night. But, we hooked up once more that night and that was the end of that.

"Dad...I don't want to hear about all the women you slept with, especially when none of them are mom!" My daughter complained.

"What do you mean 'sleeping with her'?" My son asked, "Like, did he have to share a bed with her because they ran out of beds at her house?"

I laughed, "No, that's not what it means." I shook my head, "Anyways, back to the story."

The next day, it was Nachael's turn for the videos. But, since Natalie wasn't here, Rachael didn't feel up to filming something by herself. Anthony, Ian, and I tried to compensate by trying to fill in for Natalie, but Rachael just shook her head and walked away, slamming her bedroom door.

"Maybe we should take her to the bar," Anthony suggested, "She can't resist a drink."

"And she's always happy when she drinks," Ian added in agreement.

"No, guys," I said, acting as the voice of reason, "You can't solve every problem in this world by going to the bar."

Sure enough, the guys dragged Rachael and me there. Rachael just sat there, staring at her drink. Anthony and Ian were chatting and I just looked at how sad Rachael was. Lisa and Rachael, from what I was told, were good friends. And the way things ended, just didn't seem right.

"I know what will cheer Rachael up," Anthony remarked. Rachael looked up briefly as Anthony flashed her a brilliant smile.

"Oh no..." I murmured.

"Oh yes," Anthony replied with a smile, "Rachael, do you think I could get a girl wearing the Boxman costume?"

"Uh, no," She replied, "It's the worst..."

"Challenge accepted!" Anthony exclaimed as he stood up and rushed out of the bar. Rachael rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Why would you say that? You knew he would make it a challenge!" Ian told Rachael. She just shrugged her shoulders. And minutes later, in came Anthony wearing the Boxman costume. I even noticed Rachael blush as she averted her gaze away from him. He walked up to the bar and started flirting with some random girl. And after three rejections, he finally got a girl with teal hair and the two of them walked out of the bar, arm in arm.

The three of us all sighed in unison and went for another round of drinks.

Later that night, Ian, Rachael, and I all came home to find Anthony standing in front of us, still wearing the Boxman costume. He pulled it off and smiled widely, "Challenge completed."

"Good for you, Anthony," Rachael replied before going into her bedroom.

The three of us plopped down on the couch. Anthony pulled out his small notebook that he proudly calls "The YouTube Playbook" (as stupid as it is) and scribbles down "The Boxman" and its requirements before closing his book and setting it down on the table.

"You knew Rachael liked that costume," Ian commented after Rachael's light went out.

"I know," Anthony remarked with a smile, "I did it on purpose."

"How come?" I inquired, picking up "The YouTube Playbook" and skimming over the pages.

He smirked, "I wanted to cheer her up. And..."

"You like her," Ian sang in a whisper. My heart almost stopped. He did not just say Anthony likes Rachael. And what made it worst was when Anthony didn't object.

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the stupid name as "The YouTube Playbook" for "The Bro Code." If you have something better, please please please tell me. Or if you like it, that's cool too. I'm just terrible at making up names. Please give me your feedback and thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael