[Chapter 7] (PART ONE) Mari Calls

-Shane's POV-

That night, after everyone went to bed, I knocked on Rachael's bedroom door. I didn't expect her to open it, but she did. She was dressed in her pajamas, which were a pair of soft shorts and a three-quarter sleeve t-shirt, and her hair was a little messed up, "What do you want, Shane?" She asked me.

"I...I want to talk to you," I answered. She rolled her eyes and stepped to the side. I walked in and sat down on her bed. She closed the door and sat beside me, "I want to know how you're holding up."

"What do you mean?" She asked me quietly.

"I mean, you lost your sister to a job all the way across the country. And your best friend and you just had a huge blow out."

"So?" She remarked, pulling her knees into her chest, "Things happen for a reason. Right?"

"Yeah..." I moved a little closer to her, and she didn't flinch a single bit, "Rachael, I know you. And I know right now you need someone to be there for you."

She turned her head and smirked, "I'm fine, Shane."

"No you're not, Rach!" I exclaimed, moving even closer, "Tonight, I've never seen you as sad as you were. And when you saw Anthony, I...I don't want you falling in love with him," I told her, "He's not the kind of guy for you."

She raised her eyebrow, "What makes you think that he's not the kind of guy for me?"

"Because...Because I'm the kind of guy for you," I murmured under my breath. She just stared at me before getting up and walking over to her desk. There was only silence between us, until my phone went off. She glanced over her shoulder only slightly as I pulled my phone out of my pocket - it was Mari.

"Who is it?" Rachael inquired curiously.

"Uh..." I gulped before she ran over to me and snatched the phone out of my hands.

She looked at the name and then back up at me, "Mari?"

"What?" I stood up and took the phone back, ignoring the call and throwing it on her bed.

"Why is Mari calling you?"

"She...she wants to know what to do for Smosh Games?"

Rachael smirked, "You slept with her, didn't you?" She teased, getting closer to me.

"What? No...no, I didn't sleep with her!" I exclaimed.

She shook her head, "You're unbelievable, Shane!" She smacked me on the chest pathetically, "You tell me not to fall in love with Anthony, but you're just the same as him! Sleeping with every woman you can get your hands on!"

"I haven't slept with you!" I snapped back. The minute those words came out of my mouth, I regretted it.

Her jaw dropped in shock, "You bastard!"

"Rachael, please..."

She picked up my phone and shoved it at my chest before storming over to her door and swinging it open, only to reveal Ian and Anthony standing there. They retracted their hands to their sides and tried to act casual and hide the fact they were listening in on our conversation. She clenched her jaw and turned toward me, "Shane, get out of my room. And Ian and Anthony?" She spun on her heels so that she was facing them, "Go back to yours."

The three of us did as she said. I stopped in her doorway and turned towards her, "Rachael, I'm sorry. Please..."

She shook her head and slammed the door in my face. I heaved a sigh and covered my face with my hands.

"You slept with Mari?" Anthony questioned me with a wide smile on his face, "Nice job!"

I glared at him and went into my bedroom, closing the door behind me and plopping down on the bed.

"Wait, so...Rachael got mad at you for sleeping with Mari?" My daughter asked, "Why?"

"I later learned it's because she was jealous, though she never admitted it to me," I answered her, "Anyways, meanwhile in New York..."

-Natalie's POV-

The entire plane ride, I couldn't stop thinking about how things went down before I left. Ian proposed to me. I mean, I love him, but...I feel like being with him has been holding me back from my full potential as a makeup artist. And Rachael, god, did she look devastated. Her and I do everything together. And Anthony, eh, he's...he's a good friend of mine and I'm going to miss him while I'm gone. And then there's Shane, oh god, help him. He needs it.

I got off the plane and walked into the airport, looking for my name. I found it and walked over. "Natalie?" The person asked.

I nodded my head, "That's me."

"Come this way," They said, taking my bags and leading me to a limousine. The person opened the back and threw my bags in before opening the door for me and telling me to go in. I got in and was shocked to see who was in there. It was some of the most famous cast for the movie, including Joel Courtney, Asa Butterfield, Emma Stone, Mila Kunis, and Ryan Gosling.

I sat in the seat next to Joel Courtney and smiled. I loved seeing all of them in the movies, and I never thought I would have the opportunity to meet them in person.

"Hi, I'm Joel," He said, extending his hand out to me for a handshake.

I placed my hand in his and shook it up and down, "Natalie."

Author's Note: I want to apologize for the long time it took to update. I've just been really busy and haven't known what to do for this chapter. Anyways, I hope you liked it and don't forget to give me your feedback! It's highly appreciated! Thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael