XV

Callie's P.O.V.

"You are amazing," I whisper, laying my head against Nathan's chest as we swayed. 

I let my eyes close, enjoying the last part of the surprise Nathan thought up. 

We were swaying to the soft music being played behind me. Nathan brought me to a fairly expensive and fancy Italian restaurant, after a day full of adventures. 

"What was your favorite part of today?" He mumbled, letting his chin rest on my head. 

"The boat ride, I didn't know your family owned a boat."

I thought back to the boat ride. 

It was only two hours ago that we were on the boat, bobbing up and down in a nearby lake. The sun was setting, it was way nicer than I thought sitting in the setting sun would be. 

The first surprise was letting me get away with Serena by paying for us to go see Suicide Squad. The next thing was a lunch with him at the Mexican restaurant from the same place we ate at the day we met. 

He decided that after that we would go to this really nice art class, really it was just painting for kids. I thought it was funny but he just wanted to learn how to paint, even if it was with a bunch of kids. 

At one point he made a friend, laughing when his friend spilled paint everywhere. 

Next, he said we could just chill, calm down from our "art class," taking us both back to the house to rest for the last two surprises. 

After our nap, we went to the boat. It was fairly comfortable. I almost fell asleep with the rock of the boat, being nudged by Nate at least three times. 

"Yeah, I could tell how much you enjoyed that," Nathan mumbled, laughing sarcastically. 

"I did," I protested, slapping his chest playfully. 

He laughed a little more, his chest shaking with each breath. 

I glanced around now, realizing that nobody else was left on the dance floor. 

"We're the only ones left," I mumbled, putting a few inches between me and Nathan. 

I glanced at him, his eyes finding mine. He smiled, dipping his head down and pecking my lips softly. 

"What was that for?" I asked, wrapping my arms back around his waist. 

"I don't know. Can't I kiss my girlfriend?" He asked, frowning sarcastically. 

I smiled, pecking his lips quickly before turning to run away. Either his reflexes are better than I thought or I'm just slow because I took only two steps before his arms snaked around my waist, lifting me into his chest. 

"Dang it!" I yelled, admitting defeat and laughing. 

He laughed in my ear, both of us bending over laughing. 

"I thought I could at least make it to the door," I gasped through each breath. 

He laughed harder, holding his stomach as he laughed. 

"Excuse me?"

We both turned to the waitress, her glares directed more at me than Nathan. 

"We can't close until everyone has left," She said, pointing toward a few people who were staring at her. 

"I told you not to interrupt their date," A young guy said, walking over toward her. 

He snaked his arm around her waist, proving that clearly, they were dating.