fourteen. tristan

a.n. this uses the lyrics of 'this is my version' by conor maynard, n i lowkey love this and i hope you don't cry :')

"kept it going 'till i saw your heart bleeding, ruining the only thing i ever believed in"

i opened the front door and saw y/n sitting on the sofa, crying, her heart obviously hurting.

"tris." she said, and i sat down next to her, but she moved a little so she wasn't touching me, sitting nearly a metre away from me. she looked scared and upset, but like she'd made her mind up on something.

"y/n?"

"i...i can't do this. i can't do us, do you. fuck, it hurts so much to say this, and you'll deny it, i know you will, but i know deep deep down you know. you know you have to make a decision. me or the band. we can't keep doing this, not seeing each other for months, and then meeting and pretending everything's alright, trying to pick up where we left off. tristan, we can't keep this up. it hurts me so much, and i know it hurts you. i know that one day, one of us will just get desperate and have to get with someone else while the other isn't there, and i don't want us to end like that. so, the decision.."

"y/n--"

"choose the band, or i choose them for you. this isn't working, tristan. you know that just as much as i do, but i also know that the band mean everything to you, and you can't give that up." she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "i love you, but i'm sorry."

i buried my face in my hands, tears staining my palms and cheeks, as i realised i'd made her heart bleed, and I couldn't be the one to repair it.

everything i'd believed in was now ruined, 'we' were ruined, and therefore i was ruined.