Chapter 27: The Sand Siblings & Chunin Exam Nominations

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Two Days After The Mission~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An alarm clock blared through the morning, interupting not only the birds chirping outside, but also my slumber. I growled, gently pressing the off button and getting changed. I looked in the mirror as I put my hair into a lazy ponytail, my bangs on my forehead and on the sides framing my face. I stretched out, holding a hand lazily to my mouth to cover a yawn, before checking for all of my stuff, and putting my headband around my neck, so I wouldn't lose it.

As I walked into town, people I haven't seen before waved and smiled at me, and I was curious as to why, but did the same back to them. As I got to a certain point in town, near the Academy's park, I saw 2/4 of my teammates, or, Sakura and Sasuke, and lifted a hand towards them like Kakashi would. "Hey."

"Hi, Taylor." Sakura cheerily waved at me, and I smiled. I'm glad we were over our mutual hate, because to be honest, I don't need that. Sasuke nodded at me, and I did the same.

"Naruto nor Kakashi are here yet?" I ask them quietly, stretching in place.

"Nope." Sakura rolls her eyes. "Naruto should come soon, but Kakashi - we all know, will be ultra late."

"And it's a wonder why we still come on time. Ah, whatever." I smirk and shake my head. I sat on the ground, leaning against the fence, and motioned them to follow suit. Sakura hesitated, but took the spot on the right to me, and Sasuke rolled his eyes as he took my left.

"This is probably the weirdest team bonding ever." I chuckle, and Sakura shakes her head in amusement, while Sasuke smirks. It was then that I heard footsteps, and automatically knew who it was.

"Hi, Naruto." I waved and smiled at him, and he stopped in front of us, and grinned widely.

"Hi Taylor-chan, Sakura-chan!" He yelled loudly, making one of my ears twitch, but when he looked over at Sasuke next to me, he immediately huffed and looked away, a slight blush on his cheeks. Sasuke did the same, only less vocally. I grinned slightly.

Oh brother.. not again.. Sakura deflated. Kakashi-sensei.. hurry..

We know that's not gonna happen. Amaya snorted. I mentally nodded and voiced my opinion silently. I decided to close my eyes, to catch up on a little bit of sleep . . .

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Two Hours Later*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"YOU'RE LATE!" I abruptly woke up and visually flinched, quickly standing up before anyone noticed.

"Sorry, sorry. I got lost." Kakashi sheepishly scratched behind his head, and Naruto and Sakura both yelled again; "LIAR!"

"What are we doing today, sensei?" I joined in, holding up a finger.

"We're going on a mission." He declared, and I shrugged, nodding.

Time to show who's boss. Naruto glanced at Sasuke as he mentally said this, and I chuckled, and Naruto looked back at me instead as we got moving.

"What?" Naruto looked confused.

"Your thoughts." I smirked, and realization dawned on him.

"Y-you can hear them all?" He slowed to my pace, and I everyone tune into our conversation.

"Not all of them." I closed my eyes for a second before looking at the blue sky. Perfectly clear. "Depends on if I'm spaced out or not, or if I'm concentration on you."

That's useful. Kakashi nodded in approval.

"Thank you sensei." I said outloud, and he rolled his eyes.