Chapter 17: When it looks like a girl, it's a boy.

I woke back up, forgetting completely about last night, to which Amaya called me an idiot, and we got into our usual banter, and I suddenly stood straight up in the makeshift bed that probably Kakashi made when we got here, and that's when I remembered that it was breakfast time. I silently got up and dusted myself off, and went downstairs to random chatter between Kakashi, Sakura, and Tazuna.

...Sasuke wasn't talking.

Well, what else is new?

"Naruto didn't come back last night, did he?" Sakura mumbled outloud, letting out a bored yawn after her statement. "He's been climbing trees ever since your story, Tazuna-san."

"Like you even care," I said as I stretched my leg on a chair, next to Sasuke.

Sakura glared at me. "It just so happens that-"

"You don't care." I finished for her, smiling broadly. I heard Sasuke let out a mumbled 'Hn', as in agreeing with me.

"He might've just used too much chakra and died out there in the woods." Sakura says, while I roll my eyes in exasperation.

Told you she doesn't really care, I say to Amaya.

Now I know what'cha mean. She replies.

Mhm. I hum back, then she goes back further into my mind.

"I hope he's alright! A child.. out there in the woods.." Tsunami mutters, while I hear her think; Inari better never do that.

Trust me, he won't. I think to myself.

"Don't worry about him," Kakashi waves his hand in dismission. "He may not look like it, but he's a true Ninja." I smile at his words. Sasuke snorts quietly, but since I'm next to him, I hear it.

"I don't know.. I wouldn't be surprised if he's dead. That moron.." Sasuke mutters the last part to himself.

I yawn. "I'll go look for 'em." I stretch out my arms, cracking my knuckles in the process.

"If I'm not back soon, don't worry." I mutter, knowing no-one will hear me anyways as I'm already out the door.

When I finally get outside the door, I think to myself and Amaya; It's waaaaay to early for this..

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Naruto's P.O.V.*

"-ake up. You'll catch a cold sleeping here," I hear a voice say.

Taylor-chan..? No..

I yawn as I wake up and see a girl with long, blackish hair, with a basket in her hands. Probably looking for some kind of plant, I'd think.

I blink. Then again. "Huh? Who're you?"

She ignores me and goes to find her plant. I frown, but then brighten up when I think that I could help her.

*Timeskip*

"Is this the plant you need, lady?" I ask, sitting down when she nods 'Yes.'.

"Thanks for helping out." She says.

"No problem..." I pause. "That plant's really medicine?"

She nods. I frown at not getting a real responce yet.

"You sure are working early, lady." I say, hoping for a responce. And, I finally get one.

"You too. What're you doing here at this early?" I grin, and respond;