Chapter 26: HAHAHA THEY'RE STUCK

Back with another chapter! Hi guys, hope you enjoy! :) Here's a somewhat longer one (definitely longer than last chapter x.x)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So anyway," Kakashi goes on. "For power based balance, I guess the four of you should go together while I go alone."

Sounds fair. I shrug, agreeing with Kakashi.

"What do you mean by that, exactly?" Naruto tilts his head to the side. "Are you saying Sasuke-" Sasuke's eyes avert to Naruto, "-needs all the help he can get his hands on?" Sasuke's look turns to a pure glare, and I smirk.

"That's exactly it," I grin, chuckling slightly.

"No." Sasuke boredly looks from me back to Naruto. "You're both in the way."

"As if," I scoff. "All of us, even Sakura, I guess, will be of some use to you." I don't know why, but after I said that, I had a strange feeling in my gut, as if I'll regret saying something nice about Sakura later on.

"I know none of us, even me, are up to your level, but surely all four of us is too much." Sasuke says, a tiny glint in his eyes. "Why not take the least useful of the group-," a glance at Naruto. "-with you? Subtract his skill from yours and it'll be even." Sasuke offers.

"You know I'm not going to do that, Sasuke." Kakashi rolls his eye at him. "You'll eventually have to learn to work with him, I hate to tell you."

Meanwhile I was smirking the whole time, finding it amusing, while glaring at Sakura's heart-filled eyes, hearing her squealing and fangirling inside her mind. 

Sasuke-kun, you sly person you! Is that just a clever approach at getting a chance to be alone with me?!

"I'd be there too, stupid." I roll my eyes as she sends a glare and a pout my way.

"Good idea, Sasuke-kun! Take Taylor with you too, Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura chirps in her high-pitched voice.

"Sakura." Kakashi warns. "You're going to have to learn to get along with Taylor too, you know."

"But-"

"No."

I barely look over at Naruto to see him fuming slightly, an eye twitching. "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" He explodes at Sasuke, as Sasuke just closes his eyes in a bored fashion. "WHY WOULD YOU SUBTRACT MY SKILL?"

"Because you have nothing to add."

"WHAAAAT?!" Naruto screeches, and I wince, covering my ears, then I think of something. 

"If he has supposedly nothing to add, then it shouldn't matter, right?" I smirk as Sasuke glares at me and Naruto nods, agreeing with my statement.

"Sasuke wants to be with me so much, he's getting impatient!" Sakura giggles and sways, obviously in her own world.

"Oh my God, I am so done with you people." I facepalm, wanting to slap everyone in the face at this exact moment.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Now we were in the trees, having gone over the plan once more after getting distracted more than once (cough cough, Naruto and Sakura), and we were watching over the target, and his croonies, who indeed did have what we were looking for. I soon heard both Sasuke and Naruto's thoughts ringing in my ears.

I'll show that Sasuke-teme who's boss! And maybe get Sakura and Taylor's approval! Obvious who that one was.

I'll just end this quickly, so we can get back home and I can show the idiot who's superior. I glanced over at Sasuke and saw him smirking, and I grinned to myself, trying not to laugh.