Chapter 3

He was sitting on the bed in his room, where one of the investigators asked him to stay. They just left him alone, wondering what was happening.

He wondered why this had to happen, Why his father had suddenly attacked his mother like that. Could it be that he hated her?

Of course he did. That's  why he didn't allow the boy to live with her to begin with.

He sat there, staring out the window as the chilly wind was making its way to the room through the opened window.

Few minutes later, a lady in a white coat entered the room. She closed the door after her and took closer steps towards the boy, who was looking at her with suspicion.

"Hey there." She gave the little boy a warm smile. "I'm  Isabella," she said, still smiling," but you can call me Bella."

The boy said nothing. Didn't know how to respond.

"Could you tell me what exactly happened?"

He stared down at his lap and finally spoke,"Mommy and I were asleep when Daddy came. He tried to get in, but Mommy wouldn't let him. He said he would burn the house down of we didn't open the door. Mommy told me to stay in the closet...." He trailed off, his eyes glazed over,"What's become of her?"

The lady shook her head,"Son, I'm going to be frank with you. Sometimes, there's nothing much we can do. Your mother was already gone when we came, and for that, I am terribly sorry. Did your father do it?"

"Yes," he admitted and gazed at her with uncertainty,"Am I going to jail today?"

The lady sighed,"First you've got the trial and investigation. Then there's the talks that are advancing towards letting you stepmother have custody over you, holding your current situation into account. Later, probation office will possibly require you to do some community service." She rested her elbows on her knees,"Now tell me, how did your father die? Was there someone else there with you?"

The boy looked away once again,"Yes and no."

"What do you mean?"

"Someone was there, but I did it. I hit him with my baseball bat until he didn't move. I killed him."

The lady's gaze was calm, despite the fact that a seven year old was admitting he committed murder,"Wasn't there any other way you could have prevented all this from happening?"

" If I hadn't killed him," the boy began, his hands fisting the blanket," He would have killed me."
__________________________________

Shit. The one term which can always help you express your inner frustrations. Shit, perfect for every occasion.

Lost your keys? Shit. Found your keys? Shit. Got grounded? Shit. Got detention? Shit some more. Being a random, sick of life, teenage mediocre, shit. The word was royal.

I rubbed at my gritty eyes as I stuffed her books into my bag after the lunch bell.

"Paige? Are you coming?" Nora asked in another one of her attempts to drag me to the cafetaria.

Shut up and get lost. 

"Nah, you go on ahead," I said, forcing a smile.

She nodded and walked away.

I sighed. Thursdays made me feel like my skeletal arrangements had been altered into those of a marshmellow.

There was a whole hour of P.E which meant that I had to come up with a better excuse to skip it. I wasn't athletic, but the main reason was that I was somehow always targeted by the dodge ball or whatever sport material available, like the bull and the red cape.