S A L T W A T E R

I laid on my back, staring into the cracked ceiling.
"Taylor?" Jared asked for the tenth time in three minutes. I kept my mouth closed, not interested in dealing with reality. I heard the door knob jiggle, but I kept my eyes above me. He closed the door and walked cautiously towards the end of my bed.
"Taylor, look at me." I sighed and sat up. "What's wrong? The guys don't care."
"I care."
"Why?"
"Because this ruins everything, Jared!" I yelled falling on to my back once more. I felt the end of the bed dip. Jared was soon laying next to me, looking at the ceiling. I stared at the side of his beautiful face.
"What does this ruin?" He asked, deep in thought.
"My sanity." He laughed. "I'm serious. I wanted to keep a friendly relationship with everyone. I don't want romance and drama and people to think of me as less of an individual than I actually am." Jared rolled over to face me with a smirk.
"That's what you're worried about?" I nodded. He shook his head and leaned in to kiss me. His lips were still soft like before. It took all my concentration, but with a sigh I pushed him away, missing his gentle lips one they parted with mine.
"No." I said finally. Jared's nostrils flared as he took a large intake of air. He grabbed my hand with his eyes closed. "I know everyday you will walk past me and pretend nothing is wrong, but your heart will break a little more and your sanity will come for more of a cost." He pulled himself out of the bed and walked out of the room, shaking slightly. Just like that, my heart broke a little more, and my sanity costed more than I thought it would.
"Good morning." I greeted the pack, sitting down at the table. Nobody seemed awkward or uncomfortable, but I didn't know their thoughts.
"So we're thinking of cliff diving after this, you in?" Quil asked.
"You know that's kind of a shit move after what happened last time." Jared intruded.
"No. I'm in." I stated, eyeing Jared. I chugged down my orange juice and sat up.
"Let's go."
     Jared and I hiked the mountain in silence, while the boys fooled around about ten feet behind us.
"Why are you doing this?" Jared whispered.
"Doing what?"
"Do not play smart ass with me, Taylor." I flinched at his unexpected harsh words. "Oh, hey, I'm sorry I didn't me-"
"Just get over it Jared." I spat, picking up my pace, leaving the boys behind me. Jared caught up with me within seconds, his long legs giving him the advantage.
"Why are you so disgusted in me suddenly?" He asked, grabbing my hand. I pulled it away.
"Why wouldn't I be?" Jared stayed silent after that, shaking his head until we reached the top. I pulled my shirt off and started walking to the edge. Without warning, someone picked me up and jumped of the edge with my chest glued to their's. I turned my body and wrapped my legs around the unknown boy's torso. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hid my face in his chest. Closing my eyes, I screamed out of joy and surprise. I didn't let go once we fell into the water or swim back up to the top. I remained protected within the unknown person's hold. I opened my eyes and looked straight into Jared's. He wore a set of gleaming brown eyes and a broad smile. He quickly pecked my lips, causing my features to twist in disgust.
"Ew," I spat water from my mouth. "salt water kisses." I stated, shaking my head. He laughed and twirled us around in the water, kissing my lips again, and again, and again until I felt his tongue. He then pulled away quickly.
"Ugh, you're right." I slapped him across the face playfully, we both laughed: happy.
"See, you couldn't go two days without me."
"It's kind of hard when you're always hitting on me."
"Yeah, right!" He laughed then pushed me away, spacing more water between us. Within the blink of an eye he was underwater, and I knew he would try to pull me under. I kicked my legs rapidly, trying to keep him from touching me. It didn't help, he grabbed both my ankles and halted me. I was surprised when I felt his nose make a path from my stomach to my neck, he stopped at my law line and kissed my neck, letting his hands grip my waist and let butterflies fly sporadically in my stomach. He started making a line with his lips from my jaw to my mouth as he slowly tried to pull my shorts down.
"Uh, uh!" I disagreed and pushed him away from me. He threw his hands in the air.
"Hey! I'm just trying to have some fun here, babe!" He shouted across the water playfully.
"Save it for another time!" I yelled, swimming farther away from him.
"So there's gonna be another time?" He said seductively. I rolled my eyes and swam more towards the cliff, confused on how we trailed so far off.
"Ooooh! Sexy time?" Quil asked. I rolled my eyes and splashed him.
"He wishes." I joked.
"Yeah, so does Quil!" Embry shouted. The two then got into a water fight while the rest of us watched. I felt Jared swim from behind me and wrap his arms around my torso. He swam up from under the water and kissed my cheek from behind. I turned to the side and pushed his face into the water. He came back up looking shocked.
"What was that for?" He asked, surprised. I turned and looked at the rest of the pack. I shook my head.
"Always the horny ones."
The laughter was enjoyable.