15. Girlfriend

>>>

Jai had convinced Marina to take the rest of the day of. It wasn't easy talking to her boss, but she had pulled through and let Marina leave.

Jai wanted Marina to take things off her mind, so he decided that they would spend the rest of their day together. He brought her to the same place they went to on their first date, a memory that seemed long ago but in reality was only two days.

"What are we gonna, Jai?" Marina asked as she sat down on a rather large tree log. He copied her action and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Shh. We're not gonna talk about it right now, okay? I don't want you feeling nervous or scared." Marina tried to argue back at him but he stopped her by placing his soft lips on hers in a gentle kiss.

Marina blushed as he pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers. One hand was holding hers while the other cupped her cheek. "You know you mean a lot to me, right?" Jai breathed out.

Marina bit her lip and nodded her head once. "And you know I feel the same way..." She whispered and pecked his lips.

Jai grinned at the small gesture and looked into her eyes. Her eyes were probably his favorite feature of her face. They were a color that reminded him of chocolate and looked lighter in the sunlight. Just like how they did now. "Good. Because I want you to be my girlfriend, Marina."

He was confident with his words and prepared himself for her answer. Maybe it was the heat of them the moment that pushed him to ask. Or maybe it was that he couldn't take it anymore and wanted to her his.

"Yes." Marina breathed out, a smile forming on her lips.

Jai grinned and leaned in to kiss her again

Jai grinned and leaned in to kiss her again. This kiss was different though. Their previous kisses had been sweet and gentle. This one was full of passion and love. Marina's hands were cupping Jai's neck, slowly moving up into his soft hair.

Jai's lips slowly trailed from her lips to her sharp jawline. He placed small loving kisses and Marina sighed in pleasure. His lips then moved to her neck where his kisses slowed down as he breathed in her scent. That familiar feeling in his stomach and under his eyes returned and he knew that his eyes were changing. He clamped his mouth shut and pulled away from her, turning so he wouldn't see what he looked like.

Marina bit her lip as she tried catching her breath. She placed a hand on his shoulder and moved the other to cup his chin. "You don't have to hide from me, Jai." She tried to make him look at her but he wouldn't budge.

Jai breathed in and out, his eyes closed as he tried to control himself. He tried to think of anything that would get him back to normal. The thought of Marina being afraid and him hurting her calmed him down a bit.

But she was right.

If they were going to build a relationship, he had to let her see who he was. What he really was. Hesitantly, Jai turned his head and met her gaze. Marina looked into his eyes as she gently trailed her fingers over the veins under his eyes and Jai felt himself relax under her touch. He shut his eyes again and when he opened them, they were back to normal.

"Is it weird that I find your vampire face kinda hot?" Jai laughed and that made Marina smile and blush. He pulled her into a tight hug and kissed the top of her head. He felt much better knowing that Marina didn't mind his vampirism, and that she found it rather attractive.

They didn't stay much longer in the forest, Jai insisting that since it was getting dark it wouldn't be as safe. He drove her to her apartment and Marina invited him to stay longer.

"When will I see Chelsey again?" Marina asked. They were laying on her bed, cuddling against each other.

Jai played with her soft hair as he spoke. "Soon. She's learning how to control herself but she's not fully capable of being around humans.".

Marina nodded and looked up at Jai. "I just miss her. It gets lonely here knowing that I'm by myself." She admitted and bit her lip, immediately stopping as she remembered what Jai had told her before.

Jai stroked her cheek lovingly and smiled softly. "I know. But I can't risk it. She could hurt you again." He leaned in and kissed her. God, how she loved it when he did that. Kissing her out of nowhere.

Marina smiled against his lips. Jai moved so he was hovering over her and Marina ran her fingers through his hair. And so the couple made out, both of them oblivious to the shadow lurking outside Marina's window.

>>>
A/N

Literally screaming over the cuteness of this chapter.

The ship has sailed. JARINA HAS COME TRUE!

Comment your thoughts and vote!

Have a wonderful day/night!

Diana xx