24. James

Question: Is there any Jai fan fictions you guys recommend? I'm currently on the hunt to read a new one so I'd appreciate it if you guys let me know :)

>>>

"And just sign here and we're all done."

Marina flipped over to the last page of the very long lease contract and signed her name at the bottom of it. She gave the realtor a small smile as she handed him back the contract which he took gratefully.

"Now everything's under your name." The man spoke monotonously and outstretched his hand to Marina, Marina shook it, that fake smile never leaving her lips. She had to look and sound convincing.

"Thank you so much. I'll walk you out." She lead him out the door and said goodbye as he left. The smile left her lips when he was out of sight and she jumped in surprise when the boys and Chelsey appeared in front of her.

"Okay. The house is under my name now", she turned around and made her way into the living room, forgetting that she needed to invite her undead friends and boyfriend in.

"Really Marina?" Luke teasingly remarked as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Sorry, I forgot. Please, come in." She said sheepishly. One by one, they walked into what was now Marina's house. Jai had thought it'd be best if Marina moved in with them so they could all keep a close watch on her. Marina didn't exactly want to but she was tired of living alone. So Luke had gone out to compel a realtor to have Marina sign the lease of the home they were currently residing in. It'd be a safe house. Only she could invite certain vampires in.

"James is on his way." Jai said as he came to stand by Marina's side. His cold hand went to hold hers and he squeezed it comfortingly. He could tell that she was on edge and paranoid most of the time. But who would blame her when there was a psychotic, hybrid siring obsessed lunatic out for her blood.

Jonathan nor Beau had been seen or heard from since the night of the first hybrid created. It was a rather terrifying experience for Marina. Watching that poor werewolf be forced to become an even deadlier creature. She also didn't know where that left her. Would Jonathan kill her or would he keep her alive just to make more hybrids?

That dreaded question had been plaguing her mind lately. It kept her up night and she didn't know which option she feared more.

"Marina? Hello earth to Marina?" Chelsey snapped her fingers in front of Marina's blank face. She snapped out of her thoughts and sent her friend an apologetic look.

"Sorry. I was just thinking." She nervously bit on her lower lip and was about to speak up again when the sound of the doorbell going off stopped her.

"I'll get it", Daniel said and got up to answer the door. Voices filled into the foyer and got louder as the owners of said voices came into the living room.

There was a tall, dark haired man standing with Daniel. He looked human, but then again so did Jai, Luke, and Daniel. Marina assumed it was James as the boys and Chelsey were embracing him and chatting away as if they've known him for years, which they probably did.

Marina awkwardly stood there and James finally took notice of her presence. He gave her a warm smile and nodded toward her. "You're Marina, right?"

Marina nodded and smiled softly at the taller boy. "Yeah. It's nice to meet you, James."

"Okay now that we've got introductions out of the way, let's start working on a solution yeah?" Luke said and everyone nodded.

The group sat around the dining room table with James at the head of it. He brought out an old and leather bound book and began flipping through the pages.

"Mind filling me in on what's been going on?" James said while glancing up at them. There was lot that's happened actually but it was too long of a story to tell. So Marina shortened it as best as she could.

"Beau turned off his humanity, Jonathan wants my blood to make more hybrids. He's made his first successful one the other night", Marina vaguely explained.

James furrowed his brows and looked down at his book. "Why your blood though?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out. He said she was descended from the Chevalier bloodline. Apparently, one of them was sacrificed in the ritual that broke Jonathan's curse." Jai informed James, his hand finding its way into Marina's.

"The curse that sustained his werewolf side. Yes it's written here." James flipped to another page of the book and everyone leaned into examine it. Marina widened her eyes as they wandered over the sketches drawn. It did not look pretty at all and by the looks of it, her what she assumed great great grandmother suffered a terrible fate.

"My great great grandfather was the witch who helped break it. And your great great grandmother was the one sacrificed. That's why it's your blood that's needed. It was your family blood that created and broke it. The curse was made by Jonathan's mother and she made sure that if he were to break the curse, he'd be alone. He wouldn't be able to sire a new species. But I guess he found a way." James frowned and Marina was overwhelmed with all this information.

"I-I didn't know she died that way. My grandma said she died of disease. And I'm sorry he had to go through that." Marina said, her eyes meeting James's.

"Is there any way we can reverse it? Like another curse?" Chelsey suggested

James shook his head as he read over the curse again. "No one has that type of power. This curse is ancient, back when witches were at their most powerful."

"What about a spell or something that will make Marina's blood useless to Jonathan?" Luke said. James scratched at his facial hair and bit his lip.

"I can look through all my grimoires. There might be a spell but it's a slim chance."

"We'll take it anyway. We have to have hope." Jai said, his eyes meeting Marina's. She nodded slightly and squeezed his hand. Hope was really all she had. And she was willing to have it even if it was for something to good to be true.

"And if there's not. There is another option, since it's only her human blood that turns hybrids." James stated and shut the dusty old book.

"And what's that?" Jai asked, his lips pursed. He had an idea to what James was hinting at, but he couldn't bring himself to believe it.

"Turn her."

>>>

A/N

James has made an appearance. How do you feel about that?

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!

Diana xx