25. Confessions

Kind of edited.

>>>

Marina laid on her stomach on hers and Jai's bed, her childhood teddy bear clutched in her arms just under her chin. She was brooding and contemplating everything James had spilled. She had to die.

Or turn.

Now she didn't want either options. But she didn't want to spend the rest of her human life as someone's personal blood bank. It was a rather cruel and unfair life sentence in her eyes.

"You okay?" Jai asked in a concerned tone as he appeared in the doorway. Everyone else had gone out to eat and Jai had stayed behind with Marina, knowing that she needed moral support.

"No. I'm miserable." Marina replied, not having the energy to make a sarcastic and witty remark, though she was being a tad dramatic.

The bed dipped down as Jai sat down next to her, his hand gently rubbing the small of her back and Marina sighed in content. It was one of the many small gestures Jai would do and it made her heart melt every time.

"Talk to me", Jai whispered, his head dipping down to place a kiss on her head. Marina turned herself around so she was lying on her back and looked up at him. His soft hazel eyes were filled with concern and what seemed to be a hint of sadness.

She nervously bit on her lower lip and thought if she should tell him. Honesty and trust were the two biggest things that held a relationship, and Marina did trust Jai. So now she had to be honest.

"W-why have we never talked about it? About me turning?" She nervously asked, avoiding his gaze.

Jai stayed silent. There were so many things he wanted to say about that but he remained speechless, unable to find the right words. "I guess it never came up." His pushed a few strands of hair away from her face and delicately caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.

"But it should have. I..I just don't know what I want, Jai. I don't wanna die. But I don't wanna be someone's blood bank." Her words brought out a sensitive side in her, and she couldn't seem to stop talking. It was like word vomit. "I didn't think my life would come down to a decision like this. I'm supposed to grow up, make a career out of myself, maybe even decide if I wanted to marry and start a family, start over".

Jai listened attentively to her, knowing where she was coming from. He felt the same way. He had always imagined him growing up and being successful, falling in love, settling down and having kids of his own. That was taken away from him. Yes, he did accomplish half of that. He was successful and he did love Marina.

Marina didn't ask for any of this supernatural drama. It was basically tossed into her life, and Jai felt like it was partially his fault. He knew the risks of loving Marina, a human. But he took them anyway, because he loved her. More than anything. Words could not explain how he felt.

"I don't want to be a vampire, Jai." Marina admitted, her voice cracking and her eyes turning glassy with unshed tears. "I don't want to be selfish, but it's not what I want. It's not what I've ever wanted. I'm...I'm sorry."

"Hey, hey it's okay

"Hey, hey it's okay. It's okay." Jai cooed as he wiped away the tears from Marina's cheeks. He placed a gentle kiss on her lips and cupped her cheek. "No one's forcing you. It's your choice."

Yes, it hurt him to hear her say that.  There was a part of him, though he wouldn't admit it, that wanted to turn her. She'd be the first he'd sire, the first he'd turn. He wanted to be with Marina for eternity. But he couldn't ask that of her, he would sound selfish.

"I love you. So much", Marina sobbed out, her hands caressing Jai's face.

"I love you more." Jai whispered, leaning down to kiss her. Marina kissed back, and as she did all the things that were flooding her mind seemed to fade away in that moment. He had that effect on her. And she loved it.

Their plump lips moved against each other's, kissing with an intense passion that made Marina moan softly against Jai's lips. Jai pulled away slightly, their lips making a subtle 'smack' as they parted. Marina looked up at him, the tears once in her eyes were gone and replaced with love and lust.

He was hovering over her, holding himself up with his hands so his weight wouldn't crush her. Marina brushed her legs against his and wrapped them around his hips, guiding his body closer to hers. Their lips met again and as they kissed, Jai ridded them both of their clothing.

Heavy pants and the sound of skin making contact took over the silence of the house. Marina's hands were tangled in Jai's hair, her moaning against his ear. Jai's head was buried in the crook of her neck, his moans being muffled by her flushed skin.

"You make me feel so weak", Marina remarked once they reached their highs. Her cheeks were flushed and her breathing was irregular. She cuddled up against Jai's chest and tangled her fingers with his own.

"You make me feel alive," he admitted and placed a kiss atop her head, a smile playing on his lips.

"You can be so cheesy sometimes," Marina said with a giggle and Jai felt his chest warm up with happiness.

The two love birds stayed like that for the rest of the night, cuddling and conversing about little things. It took their minds off of the conflict that was at hand. They would return to their regularly scheduled dilemmas tomorrow, but for now they would enjoy this moment.

Because it would be one of the very last.

>>>

A/N

This chapter fucked with my emotions 😩 I don't know why I keep doing this to myself and to all of you. I apologize.

On a side note, I wanna know what you guys think will happen.

So, question: do you think she'll turn or do you think she'll die?

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!

Diana xx