22. Bloodlines

This chapter is dedicated to jaidonsbabygirl

Thank you for your support!

>>>

"Oh my god! Tell me all about it!" Chelsey squealed and threw her slim arms around Marina.

Marina's face flushed and she pried Chelsey off her. The younger brunette had arrived about 5 minutes ago and could already detect a change in her best friend. After their "activities" Jai had left Marina, saying how he had to go handle some business and promised to come back after.

"I'm not going into detail if that's what you're wanting to hear. But yeah...it was like make up sex. And we both said we loved each other." Marina admitted sheepishly, her cheeks now red.

"See I knew you guys would hit it off. God you're like perfect for each other" Chelsey gushed at her best friend and hugged her once more.

"Okay,okay enough of that. Let's have some girl time." Marina said trying to change the subject. Chelsey rolled her eyes but nodded, pulling out her bag of nail polishes.

"What color do you want?"

>>>

Jai had made a lot of stupid mistakes in his life. Most were when he was a teen and just wanted to live life. And some were made when he was just turned, when his bloodlust was at its peak. But none of those could outmatch the one he was about to commit.

He was going to talk to Jonathan. Alone.

Now this could end in him being killed, but he didn't care. He just had to know what Jonathan wanted with Marina. He had to protect her form everything and everyone, especially Jonathan.

Jai cautiously made his way inside the elevator and pressed the button to the top floor. The elevator doors chimed as they opened and Jai stepped out. There was no other apartments on this floor so he knocked on the only door there.

A moment later it opened to reveal a smug looking Jonathan. An amused smirk was playing on his pale lips and he raised his eyebrows. "Well, well. Never thought I'd be seeing you again."

Jai clenched his fists and remained calm. "I came to talk."

Jonathan nodded, impressed at Jai's bravery. He gestured for him to come inside and Jai hesitated, his foot slowly stepped over the threshold and he relaxed when he was able to step inside.

"Fancy some scotch?" Jonathan asked as he poured himself some of the amber colored liquid in a glass. Jai shook his head and shifted awkwardly in the spot he was standing in.

"What do you want with Marina?" Jai blurted out. Jonathan sipped his drink and chuckled slightly.

"I see you want to get straight to the point." Jonathan said as he set his empty glass down and looked at Jai.

"No point in being theatrical and boring you with details. We both know she's special. But it isn't her good looks and personality that makes her that way. It's her blood. I want her blood."

Jai tensed up at hearing that. "Why would you want her blood? What's so special about it?" He sneered out, holding his ground.

"Everyone is aware of what I am. A vampire, a werewolf. A true hybrid. But there is one problem. I cannot make more of my kind. And after many years of breaking curses and searching for the right bloodline, I've figured it out." He paused and walked around the room as he spoke, his hands placed behind his back. "Your dear Marina is a descendant of the woman used in a sacrifice that brought out my werewolf side. The Chevalier bloodline."

Jai was silent. He didn't know what else Jonathan was about to say, but he knew he had to hold himself back from doing something stupid.

"A witch helped me figure it out. It's Marina's blood that is needed to complete the transition of my hybrids. And I do plan on getting it, even though it will kill her."

And Jai couldn't hold back in that moment. He lunged at Jonathan quickly but Jonathan was faster. He grabbed Jai by the shoulders and threw him against the floor. Jai groaned out in pain as Jonathan shoved his hand into his chest, making a fist around his heart.

"Now I don't think that was very smart of you, Jaidon." He leaned closer and smirked. "I could kill you right now. But I won't. Because you will be of good use to me soon. So I suggest you leave and stay out of my way. I will have what is mine."

He pulled his hand out and Jai groaned again, speeding out of the apartment and into the hallway. His fingers rubbed over the healing wound and he gasped out for air.

Now that he had the information that he needed, he had to get back to Marina right away. He was still contemplating if he should tell her. He didn't want her to be scared, even though Jai would protect her no matter what. But it's still a lot to take in. And he would need help protecting her. Beau was of no use. Chelsey wasn't as strong. It would only leave him, Daniel, and Luke. It still wasn't enough though. So he pulled out his phone and called one of his friends that he hadn't spoken too since they've left California.

"Hello?" That familiar voice spoke.

"I need your help, James."

>>>

A/N

Sorry this chapter probably sucked I kinda rushed it. I would've uploaded this earlier but I had a major writers block and was busy all weekend.

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!

Diana xx