16. A Deadly Invitation

Slightly edited.

>>>

Two days passed and Jai finally let Marina see Chelsey. She was biting on her bottom lip and twiddling her thumbs as Jai drove her to his place. She didn't know why, but she was nervous. She didn't know what would happen. Would things change between the two girls?

"Hey.." Jai spoke softly to her, placing a hand on her knee to comfort his girlfriend. "It'll be okay. She's not going to hurt you."

Marina shook her head and turned to face him. "It's not that, Jai. It's just...I feel like things won't be the same between us. I don't know why I feel like that but it's like my gut is telling be to watch out."

Chelsey wasn't the only reason for her feeling that way though. No. These last few days she had been receiving strange messages from people who had obviously been compelled and some unknown number had kept calling her.

"You'll be okay. I promise." Jai whispered and leaned in, placing a chaste kiss on her forehead. Marina nodded and tilted her head up to catch his lips with hers in a quick kiss.

"Come on. She's probably getting impatient." Jai and Marina made their way out of the car and into the house. Jai held Marina's hand as they entered the living room where Daniel, Luke, and Chelsey were sat.

Marina sent a small smile to Daniel and gave Luke a friendly hug. Her eyes shifted over to Chelsey and the two girls met in a tight embrace. "I missed you." Marina whispered into Chelsey's ear and her grip tightened.

"I missed you too." Chelsey nuzzled her head against Marina's neck, ignoring the boys' cautious gaze on her. She hated knowing that they thought she couldn't control herself. But she could. She had learned to keep her hunger at bay.

Chelsey pulled away from Marina and smiled up at her best friend. Tears were seen in Marina's eyes and Chelsey smiled sadly at her. "Aww, Marina. Why are you crying."

Marina sniffled quietly and wiped away a tear with the back of her hand. "I-I just missed you. I thought i wasn't going to see you again."

"Group hug!" Daniel yelled out and everyone obliged. Marina was sandwhiched between Jai and Chelsey but she didn't mind. She felt Jai place a soft kiss to her cheek and she smiled up at him.

"We'll leave you two to catch up. We're gonna be outside okay?" Marina nodded an the boys made their way to the backyard, Luke with a camera in hand. They were probably going to film a video.

Chelsey squealed and pulled Marina down on to the couch. "Okay tell me everything about you and Jai!"

Marina blushed slightly but told Chelsey everything. The date, their shared kisses, everything.

A small frown replaced Chelsey's once smiling face and Marina took notice in this. "Chels? What's wrong?"

Chelsey rubbed her eyes and sniffled. "I'm really happy for you, Marina. It's just...seeing you two all lovey dovey reminds me of me and Beau before...well you know." She gestured to herself and looked down.

Now it was Marina's turn to frown. She wrapped her arm around Chelsey's sobbing figure and tried calming her down. "He hurt you, Chels. He's not worth it. You deserve someone better."

"Oh really, now?" A voice spoke up making the two girls widen their eyes. Beau walked in, arms crossed over his chest and a smirk plastered on his face.

Marina tensed up at the sight of him, feeling her heartbeat rise in fear.

Chelsey pulled both of them up and pushed Marina behind her

Chelsey pulled both of them up and pushed Marina behind her. Beau's smirk widened at Chelsey's action and he stepped forward.

"Don't come any closer." Chelsey demanded, an animalistic look in her eyes.

"Never have I thought that we would be standing here like this, love. Relax. I'm not here to cause harm, as long as you don't anger me." Beau's green eyes shifted over to Marina then to the window, where the boys were starting to take notice of Beau's presence.

"What the fuck are you doing here Beau?" Luke snapped as he walked in, Jai and Daniel following behind him. Jai immediately flashed to Marina's side, holding her to him.

Beau ignored Luke's question, his eyes wandering over to Jai and Marina. Marina felt Jai tense up as Beau spoke. "Well. I guess I was right. Jonathan would be glad to hear about this." He waved his hand over to the couple and Jai growled threateningly at him.

"I came to deliver an invitation. The Pulse Club. Tomorrow at 10. You need to be there or else."

"Or else what?" Daniel snapped at Beau.

Beau pretended to think for a moment then spoke up. "What was your sister's name again, Marina? Was it Allison...Ashlynn...oh Ashely. Yes that's it right?"

Marina felt her face grow pale and she shook her head vigorously. "N-no. No. Don't drag her into this." She pleaded. Jai's arm tightened around Marina and he rubbed soothing circles on her arm.

"Then you better show up tomorrow. We'll be waiting." And with that Beau disappeared in the blink of an eye. Marina was quiet, still processing what Beau had said.

The sound of the wall being punched broke her out of her thoughts. Luke's fist was now in the wall, as he had punched it. There was no denying that he was angry, almost as angry as Jai. But Jai knew how to keep his anger in check. Luke on the other hand, not so much.

"Calm down, Luke!" Jai demanded.

"Calm down? Calm down? How the fuck am I suppose to be calm right now Jai?! Huh? We should be out there! Stopping Beau and Jonathan". Luke yelled out. "What are we gonna do, huh?"

Before Jai could reply, Marina spoke up. "We're going."

Everyone looked at her as if she had grown two heads. Jai shook his head and tried to argue but Marina once again stopped him. "Don't. You heard Beau. My sister, Jai. She can't be dragged into this."

Marina didn't really talk about her family. She wasn't close with her parents. She used to be close with her sister though, until they had a falling out and stopped talking. But that didn't mean Marina didn't love or care for her. She wasn't heartless.

Marina looked at him with pleading eyes and he broke. Sighing, Jai nodded his head and ran his hand through his hair. "Okay. Okay, fine. We'll all go. But I won't let you out of my sight."

She looked over at Luke and raised her eyebrows, challenging him to say something.

"Fine!" But if anything happens to you Marina, I'm blaming Jai

"Fine!" But if anything happens to you Marina, I'm blaming Jai." And then he disappeared into his room, slamming the door. Marina let out a sigh. He was angry. And he had the right to be. His brothers were making stupid decisions and Jai wasn't being as concerned as he should be about Marina's life. One thing was certain though.

They would be in for a surprise at the club tomorrow.

>>>

A/N

Next chapter will be longer. Things are starting to get a little intense and dramatic!

Comment your thoughts and vote!

Diana xx