28. Funeral

Comment as you read :)

>>>

Jai walked into the house, cradling Marina's dead body against his chest. He gently set her down on the couch and brushed her hair away from her face. Her neck was still bloody but it had stopped bleeding.

The rest of the boys, except Beau, followed Jai into the living room and crowded around Marina, waiting for her to wake up. She was  dead yes, but she would come back. They just didn't know if she'd come back human or as a vampire.

Luke prayed that she'd come back human. He couldn't stand the idea of her turning because of him and hating him forever. He couldn't live with himself.

"Are you sure your elixir potion thing will work?" Jai asked James, his gaze never leaving Marina.

James looked through his grimoire and nodded. "It should work. It's been used many times before. She should be waking up any moment now."

And as he said that, Marina jolted awake with a gasp, her hands reaching up to touch her wounded neck. "J-Jai...?" She croaked out, her breathing uneven.

"I'm here. You're okay. How do you feel?" Jai asked cautiously, his hand caressing Marina's cheek as he looked into her eyes. There was no signs of her being in transition and Jai almost punched his fist upward in victory.

"I feel fine.." Marina breathed out, a small smile forming on her lips. That smile soon fell as her eyes scanned the room and she noticed Chelsey wasn't in sight. She suddenly felt like all the blood left her face and as if she'd been punched in the chest.

"Chelsey...oh god! Where is she!? Is she okay?!"

The boys shifted their eyes away, none of them wanting to break the news to her, that Chelsey was dead. But Luke found the courage to so he spoke up.

"Marina...Jonathan killed her. He ripped her heart out..." He trailed off, preparing himself for Marina's reaction. Marina breathing picked up and she shook her head, tears pooling in her eyes.

"N-no...she wasn't suppose to die! It wasn't part of the plan! This is my fault!" She cried out, sobbing as Jai brought her against him in a tight hug.

"It wasn't your fault. She died to save you.." Jai said, trying and failing to comfort her.

"No it's my fault. I-its because of me. Everything is because of m-me." Marina said through her tears.

No one said anything, but they all felt the same agony that Marina felt

No one said anything, but they all felt the same agony that Marina felt. A friend was taken from them. And that pain was indescribable.

>>>

There was no conversations going on. No mumbling. No whispering. Just silence, quiet.

A great musical duo once said, "Quiet is violent." And they were correct. As Marina was left in silence as she looked down at Chelsey's freshly buried grave. The dirt was moist and dark, with bright green grass surrounding it. She was grieving, and overthinking everything.

Chelsey had risked her life so Marina could live and Marina couldn't help but feel guilty. And there was also Luke, who discovered that a bite from a werewolf or hybrid can kill a vampire. She had lost one best friend, and she would soon lose the other.

She thought of how everything was because of her. Chelsey died because of her. Luke was going to die, because of her. All of this happened because of her.

Marina sniffled slightly and wiped away one of the many tears trailing down her cheeks. Then Jai was there, by her side, his hand holding her waist gently as he handed her a single carnation. Carnations were Chelsey's favorite flower so Marina kneeled down and placed the bright yellow flower atop the grave, looking back up at her friends as she stood up.

 Carnations were Chelsey's favorite flower so Marina kneeled down and placed the bright yellow flower atop the grave, looking back up at her friends as she stood up

A sob escaped her lips, Jai embracing her immediately. His lips brushed against her forehead, squeezing her waist gently. Marina didn't understand the point of using flowers at a funeral. Flowers were meant to be something beautiful and sweet, something funerals were not.

She never liked funerals in general and she hadn't attended one since the death of Derek and their child. She was wearing the same dress she wore to that one, and it brought back too many painful memories for Marina to handle alone.

But she wasn't alone. Jai, Daniel, Luke, James, and even Beau were there. Ever since Beau had turned his humanity back on, he left Jonathan's side and apologized to his brothers and friends about all that he had done. He was forgiven of course, and now he stood there by Daniel's side, crying almost as much as Marina.

They were the only two crying. The others were sad yes, but the boys were stubborn and didn't let themselves cry. Marina's head was against Jai's chest as he rubbed soothing circles against her back. Her eyes wandered over to Luke and he sent her a sad smile.

He looked ill, his once tan skin was ghastly pale and small beads of sweat coated his brow. He was in pain too, but he refused to show it. It had been two days since he'd been bitten and he was running out of time. Any other time he would accept his death, but this time he couldn't seem to. Maybe it was the look in Marina's eyes whenever she'd look at him, or the thought of breaking her even more than what she already was.

Whatever it was, Luke had hope. And Jai could feel his twin's emotions. So Jai was going to help his brother find a cure. And it wasn't going to end well. 

>>>

A/N

I'm not crying. Nope. 😭

There's only two chapters left! I'm still thinking about that sequel!

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!

I love you all!

Diana xx