26. Hate

Slightly edited.

Comment as you read! I wanna know your thoughts on what's about to go down!

>>>

"Why would he do this to me?" Marina cried out, wiping some the blood off her lips and chin. She could still taste the awful metallic like substance on her tongue.

"I don't know. I'm sorry." Jai apologized, cupping Marina's cheeks.

Marina shook her head and shut her eyes, letting the tears fall down her flushed cheeks. "I hate him, Jai. I hate Luke."

-Flashback-

"Good morning, Lukey." Marina greeted her best friend with a smile. "What are you-oh."

Luke turned around, his fangs buried deep in a blood bag. His eyes were bloodshot and veins traced his delicate under eyes. They returned back to normal as he pulled the bag away, licking his lips slightly. "Sorry you had to see that."

Marina shook her head and went to retrieve the carton of orange juice from the fridge. It was mostly empty as she, and now James, were the only ones to actually eat food. "You don't need to apologize or hide your true self from me." She gave him a warm smile and sipped the delicious fluid from her glass.

Luke tossed the bag into the trash can and leaned against the counter, his eyes meeting Marina's. "So...uh...do you know what you're going to do?" He hesitantly asked her, fiddling with his nose ring.

Marina paused and set her empty glass down in the sink. She looked up at him, nervously biting her lip. She didn't know how she would say it or how he would react. "I...I'm not turning, Luke. I don't want to be a vampire."

Luke stared at her in disbelief but hurt could be seen in his eyes. "So that's it? You're just going to accept death? You...you can't, Marina!" His tone came out harsh and Marina felt herself flinch as he raised his voice.

"There's no other way, Lukey", she whispered and looked down. "James hasn't found another solution. Jonathan will come back and we both know what he's going to do. He'll drain me, save my blood for his hybrids."

That morning, Marina had received yet another message from an unknown number. It was Jonathan of course. His message was simple and direct.

"I'll come back. Not for you, but for your blood."

Luke shook his head vigorously as he began to pace around the kitchen. Marina watched him, unable to find the words to seek comfort in Luke. He was upset. And he did foolish things when he was upset.

He suddenly stopped and faced her

He suddenly stopped and faced her. "No. There is another way." He stepped closer to her and as he did, he bit into his wrist. Blood began to drip out of the wound and Marina widened her eyes, knowing exactly what he was going to do.

"N-no. No! Luke please don't do-" she was cut off by Luke forcing his wrist against her mouth. Marina yelped out against his skin, trying her hardest to not swallow. But it was no use. It was practically being shoved down her throat.

Luke was suddenly thrown off of her, his body flying across the kitchen and landing on the table, it breaking upon contact. Marina coughed and steadied her breathing as Jai stared at her in shock.

Anger filled his eyes as he turned his head to look at his older twin brother. Luke stood up, brushing off the splinters embedded in his skin. "What the fuck did you do, Luke!?" Jai yelled out.

"I did what you didn't have the balls to do! At least now we know she won't really die!" Luke defended and had not time to react as Jai grabbed one of the broken pieces of the table, shoving it into Luke's stomach in the blink of an eye.

"She'll come back a vampire! How could you be so selfish!?" Luke groaned as he slowly pulled the makeshift stake out, blood pouring out of the wound.

"Just admit, Jai. You're upset because I was the one to do it and not you." Jai stared at him, flabbergasted. "Oh come on, do you really think that I wouldn't know what you wanted for her. You're not difficult to read."

Out of anger, Jai snapped Luke's neck in one swift movement. Luke fell to the ground, unconscious but not dead. Jai turned back to Marina who was watching the scene unfold before her and picked her up, flashing them both back to their room.

-Flashback Over-

"You know you don't mean that", Jai commented as he brushed her hair out of her face. Marina stayed quiet. He was right. She couldn't hate Luke. She was just angry and upset that he made the choice for her. Now when she would die, she'd come back as the one thing she dreaded most.

"Hey..." James awkwardly cut in, standing by the doorway. He was holding a grimoire in his hands and it was flipped opened to a page. Both Jai and Marina looked up at him, ready to hear what James was about to say.

"I think I found something." He walked closer to them and held the book out for them to examine.

"This looks...dangerous." Marina said as her eyes scanned the page.

"What's the catch?" Jai asked. He understood a little of what the spell was saying, but couldn't depict the last part of it.

James hesitated and looked at both of them. "Someone's gonna die."

>>>

A/N

Filler chapter. Lowkey hating Luke rn.

Btw...do you guys follow me? If not you definitely should :)

Comment your thoughts, vote, and share!

Diana xx