Chapter 3

This is not going to end well, I know so. Especially since I know what Karlie's intentions are.

"Who's asking a question first?" I asked. "I will," Karlie smirked at me. Bryce noticed and I mouthed to him "help."

"Umm, Karlie that's okay, I'll go," Bryce smiled. I mouthed "thank you."

"Oh, okay," she sighed.

"Mikey, truth or dare?"

He dared Mikey to stick ice cubes down his shirt, which was hilarious. Then it was Mikey's turn to ask.

"Karlie, truth or dare?" He asked. "Easy. Dare," she grinned. He bit his lip, in deep thought. When he did that I gulped. He really is one of the hottest guys I have ever seen, if not the hottest.

After a minute or two, he put his hands together and laughed, like a villain in a movie.

"I dare you to make out with Bryce," he challenged. I dropped my jaw, as did Bryce and Karlie. "No, I'm not doi-" she immediately protested, but Mikey cut in obnoxiously. Maybe he's not aware of what happened with Bryce and I. "A dare is a dare," he threw his hands up. She sighed.

Bryce looked completely panicked. He kept looking at me. "Seriously Mikey?" Bryce rolled his eyes. Mikey glared back at him. "Do it or you're out," he smiled. "Oh, so you want to play that game?" He questioned, but didn't wait for an answer. "Okay, I'll remember that," Bryce smiled sinisterly. Oh lord.

Karlie looked at me, before looking back at Bryce. "Whatever, I guess it's a dare...," she trailed off and scooted towards him, meeting his lips with her own, and it soon became heated.

They didn't even look like they wanted to pull away. I started tapping the floor impatiently, and avoiding any eye contact. They could have just quit the game. I mean it's just a game, and they both know I'm uncomfortable with this.

They were still into it even after a whole minute. My best friend, and Bryce. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I also know they could have done more to stop this, and neither of them did.

Finally, they pulled away from each other and I swear I saw a smile form on Bryce's lips, but it seemed to disappear when he looked at me. I don't want to be here right now. In my own house. There was a slight red color popping onto Karlie's cheeks.

I wish I could leave.

Don't cry over him again, Hannah. He's not worth it.

Mikey must have noticed how upset I was and coughed. "Uhm, I'm going to go get some air, it's really hot in here. Do you want to come Hannah?"

I nodded, and we both walked to the bench on my porch and sat down. "So," he started.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

I smiled sweetly. "What are you talking about?" I pretended to be happy.

He sighed deeply. "Hannah, I know I just met you, but I can tell you're upset. Does it have something to do with Bryce?"

I shook my head, quickly dismissing it. "There's nothing wrong. I'm fine, but thank you for asking anyways."

He looked at me again, like he didn't believe me, but he let it go, knowing I didn't want to talk about it. He looked at the sky for a moment, before talking again.

"Maryland is so beautiful," he said. I scrunched up my nose. I'm surprised anybody would think Maryland is beautiful. I hate this place.

"Really? I hate it here," I groaned.