Chapter 16

Hannah's P.O.V.

"Babe," a hoarse voice whispers in my ear as I toss and turn in my bed. I ignore it and continue to try and go back to bed.

"Baaaabe," it whined. My heart seemed to jump out of my chest when I realized who the voice belonged to. I yawned and opened my eyes at last, seeing Mikey next to me, his arms wrapped around me. I guess he slept with his shirt off, but I'm not complaining.

"Goodmorning," he smiles, pecking me on the cheek. His voice was low and there were slight dark circles under his eyes. There was a red-lined imprint on the side of his face where the edge of the pillow rested on his skin. The sunlight peeking through the window made his eyes look a shade lighter than normal.

I felt peaceful and serene; even the birds were chirping a beautiful melody as I took in the view. "Goodmorning," I hummed in response, in a sing-song manner. I ran a hand through my coarse, tangled blonde hair and sighed. Mikey wakes up and looks like a God and I wake up and look like Harambe's white ass cousin. Okay, that's fair

"How did you sleep?" he asks thoughtfully while putting his pink hat with a pineapple on the front on his head. "I slept great ... until you woke me up for no reason," I frowned. He chuckled softly. "Awe, don't be mad. I woke you up because I wanted to take you to breakfast," he says sweetly.

He gets up from the bed, revealing his Calvin Klein boxers I never realized he had on. I gulp nervously and look away quickly, my cheeks a deep raspberry tint.  "That's sweet of you," I say timidly, my head still turned away from his body. I can feel his stare on me as the weight on the bed shifts. "You can look, you know," he whispers, sending chills through my whole body. I laugh nervously as he gets back up from the bed and gets dressed.

"I..I'm just going to go to the bathroom," I manage to get out, grabbing my clothes and bumping into my dresser on the way out. "Shit," I mutter once I get to the bathroom and lock the door. I hear cackles coming from Mikey in my bedroom and I sigh loudly. What is this boy doing to me?  I thought.

I changed into a simple romper, then looked in the mirror, not pleased with my appearance. I grabbed the hair brush on the counter and brushed it through my hair. Next, I wiped the makeup under my eyes and touched up that area with some concealer, going over it with powder. I removed the leftover mascara from my eyelashes and applied a new coat, deciding that was the final touch to my look.

Feeling satisfied, I made my way to my room, where Mikey was patiently waiting for me at the foot of my bed. He looked up from his phone and smiled. "Took you long enough," he teased, as I rolled my eyes at his snarky comment. "But, it's okay because you look cute," he adds. I mutter a 'thank you,' as he grabs my hand and we leave to go to iHOP, he informs me.

While in the car, I check my phone for any important messages. I have two text messages from Karlie and a voicemail message from Bryce, most likely a rambling apology for the previous events.

I decide to not even bother opening that one, and open the ones from Karlie instead.

iMessage Karlie

Hey... I think we should talk after last night

Delivered: 9:34 a.m.

Karlie

Thank you for being there for me

Delivered: 9:36 a.m.

I smile to myself in satisfaction. I put my phone away, making a mental note to reply later. My phone was giving me a headache. I look over at Mikey, who is completely focused on driving; attentive and alert. His nose twitches when a car switches lanes sloppily and just misses his car as it passes him.