Chapter 6

Hannah's P.O.V.

I had shown Mikey around to his classes all day, and he seems to be getting the hang of it, slowly. We'd meet after every class and I would show him where he was supposed to go. At lunch we sat at my normal table, while Karlie and Bryce sat somewhere else.

Bryce keeps looking at me, with this look on his face. I know he's sorry, but I'm not going to forgive him just like that. And Karlie? She couldn't care less about my feelings. She's literally been all over Bryce. He didn't seem to mind, but I feel like the guilt was getting to him, so he held himself back. Honestly, I'm starting to care less and less about the whole situation. I'll forgive Bryce eventually, and I'll be fine.

I'm currently gathering all my stuff, since the final bell had sounded, Mikey following me. He's been with me the whole day, even though we barely know each other.

"Are you and Bryce cool?" I asked him.
He nodded, which made me confused. Why was he with me the whole time, and not his best friend. He saw my puzzled expression and elaborated.

"He apologized during History, and we're fine, but I'd rather not deal with Karlie if she was being such a bitch to you."

I couldn't help but smile. We have know each other for maybe a total of only 24 hours, and he was already there for me so much. I could tell we'll be really good friends.

"Thanks, I honestly don't know what I'd do if you weren't at school today," I admitted.

"No problem, Hannah. You don't have to keep thanking me. Believe it or not, I actually like being around you," he laughs.

"If you say so," I say. I finish gathering my stuff and sling my backpack around my shoulder. Mikey starts walking to his locker, and this time, I follow.

"Hey, Mikey!" A blonde Barbie bimbo cheers. Her name is Vanessa, and she's super bubbly and nice, but just throws herself at guys; something I cannot respect about her. I roll my eyes out of habit. This should be good. How does she even know his name anyways?

"Hey," he smirks. She pulls her long, slick hair back, revealing a considerable amount of cleavage. I'll never understand girls like this.

"So, about what we were talking about in Chemistry....," she inches closer to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. I raise my eyebrow, looking at Mikey. His smirk reappears on his face, and he shrugs. I roll my eyes and shake my head. "I'll see you later, Mikey," I say before leaving, knowing how that situation would probably pan out.

He waves, turning all his attention to me until I notice his wave, and then continues on with his conversation. I make my way down the hall. I looked back only a few seconds later, and sure enough, Mikey and Barbie's tongues were down each other's throats, right there in the hallway.

Gross.

I was curious how Mikey could go from this sweet, caring person, to that in two seconds flat. I studied his face for a second, and he just seemed.....

Empty. Hollow. Robotic.

Like this meant nothing to him; just a normal routine.

Now I know what Bryce meant about his 'hoes'.

I made my way to my black Jeep after what seemed like hours in that hallway, and put my stuff in the back. I hopped in the front seat, turned my music on, and headed home.
------------
"Dad, I'm home!" I yelled, after entering through the door. My dad wasn't normally here until late at night, but he had the day off of work today.