Chapter 18

Hannah's P.O.V.

Time passed effortlessly through the months as all three of us: Mikey, Karlie, and myself, grew stronger through the healing process of losing Bryce. The first month that he left, we all tried l to text and call him, but he wouldn't answer. Eventually, he changed his number, so at that point we all lost hope and proceeded to carry on without him.

Things with Mikey and I were better than ever, and Karlie and I had patched up our friendship and soon bounced back to where we left off before we parted. I still think about Bryce, but according to social media he's a completely different person.

It's depressing to watch someone go down a hole of arrogance when you can't do anything about it, but I try to distract myself from focusing on it too much.

He'll learn to get back on track, I have faith in that. I'm at peace with what the universe is lying down my path, and if Bryce isn't on that path, I'll be fine. Just like Mikey and Karlie are fine without him, too.

"HAN BANAN!!" Karlie shouted, walking into my house without knocking the door. How usual. "I'm right here, you don't need to yell Karl," I chuckled. She laughed along and then gained a moment of clarity for whatever she needed to tell me, snapping her fingers.

"Mikey wanted you to come over, I saw him walking to his house when I got out of the car and he said we could just head over now if we wanted to," she suggested.

I nodded with a small smile. When Bryce moved, his parents moved closer to be with him, since this was a permanent move this time. His parents are renting the house to Mikey , until he decides to move to L.A. next year, permanently, to pursue his career of acting.

He also mentioned something about filling out an application for UCLA. As for me, I have no idea what I want to do next year. I love YouTube and connecting with people over social media, but it's not like I'm anything special, and I don't see myself making a career out of it.

Mikey and I have barely scratched the surface on options, mostly because neither of us want to jinx our relationship. It's a little ways away, and we both think it's best to just enjoy ourselves until it's time to bring up the big, complicated stuff.

It's too stressful to think about the possibility of still being in a serious relationship with him and him leaving me potentially. I love him more than I've ever loved anything or anyone and that's on a quite serious note.

I haven't told him yet, because I'm afraid that once I admit it he'll leave me and I'll be left vulnerable and broken-hearted. I know it's silly, since we've been in a relationship for five months now, but I can't change how I feel about it. He hasn't told me either, so it might be a mutual feeling. Even after five months, we both aren't ready to say those words.

———

I slipped on some black converse and walked out of the door with Karlie trailing behind me, walking the path to Mikey's house. I was immediately greeted by the fresh scent of his cologne and his warm smile, along with a peck on the cheek.

"Hey, babe," he said with an adorable eager grin on his face.  He turned his attention to Karlie and waved at her awkwardly in a cute way. She laughed softly and rolled her eyes in a playful manner. "Hello to you too, Michael," she huffed whilst slipping her shoes off and running to the couch.

"Yo Mike, you don't mind if I invite someone else, right? I hope you didn't think I was just chill with third-wheeling," she smiled.

"OOOH is it Emilio!?" I yelled excitedly. She blushed a bright pink and nodded her head. Mikey swatted his hand as a way to say 'that's fine.'