Chapter 12

Hannah's P.O.V.

I rushed up the stairs to look for Bryce, hoping Mikey wasn't following me. But sure enough, he was.

"Hannah, I know you're mad and confused right now, but I really do need to talk to Bryce," he stated.

Does he think I'm stupid? He's hiding something, and it has something to do with Bryce. He's been acting weird all night. I know they're in a fight, but they've been giving each other glares and I have a feeling it's not about earlier today.

"Well, your talk can wait....BRYCE!" I shouted for him. Mikey tugged at my sleeves. "Just go relax downstairs," he pleaded. I smacked his hand off of me and looked at him angrily.

"No, I'm finding him, and you are not stopping me. I suggest you stop trying."

He put his hands up in surrender, slowing down his pace and soon turning to walk away. I breathed a sigh of relief and kept my focus on passing each room for any signs of Bryce.

Then, a few minutes later, I heard a familiar voice. "Why are you doing this? I don't want to do this, Bryce. You're not being yourself right now."

Karlie.
------------
Mikey's P.O.V.
She's going to find out everything. This isn't good. She's going to go back to him, it's Bryce. Bryce always gets everything he wants and it isn't even fair. He's done nothing to get where he is (not true, just for story) and I've never worked harder to be where I am.

I just don't get it.

I pour some more drink in my cup, because this is going to be a long night.
-----------
Hannah's P.O.V.
I continued to eavesdrop, confused by what I was hearing. The door was peered open, and I could see Bryce very close to her.

"Come on babe, let's just have some fun," he begged.

"I can't believe you right now," she sighed.

"It's not that big of a deal. You're being ridiculous Karlie. Why won't you just do this for me?" He began kissing down her neck, before Karlie pushed him off of her.

"Is this all you wanted me for? What changed?" She asked in disbelief.

Even though Karlie and I are going through something right now, that we may or may not get over, I still care about her and this breaks my heart to be witnessing Bryce acting this way towards her. This isn't like him, anyways. Something is wrong with him.

Maybe it has to do with Mikey and why he's been acting strange.

He laughed, heartlessly. "I realized who I wanted all along. And I was stupid for even thinking we had something," he admitted.

At this point, Karlie started choking on her words and crying.

"W-what? Y-you can't mean that! Who is it?" She cried.

He shook his head. "Doesn't matter, can you just go?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

I was shocked at how rude he was being.

"You know what? Yes I'll just go. I'll just go because I was so stupid to waste a wonderful friendship on someone like you. I hope you get what you deserve, because the only bitch you'll be fucking tonight is Karma," she laughed, walking out, leaving Bryce dumbfounded.

I quickly pulled myself together and walked away, before she would find me leaning against the door.

I was halfway down the hallway when I feel a presence walking among side me.

"Hey," Karlie says, obviously still shocked by everything.

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask calmly, pretending to not know anything that has happened.

"Yeah, why would you ask that? Are you okay?" She asked, getting defensive. She always tries to hide when she's upset.

I didn't say anything, knowing she'd try to deny her mood even more. I just hugged her. I'd be there for her even if she wasn't there for me.

"Hannah I'm so sorry," she was crying. "I'm so sorry, you're such a good friend. I should have realized what an idiot Bryce is-"

"Karlie we aren't going to worry about this right now. Let's just get you home, okay?" I tried calming her down.

"Okay, thank you, Hannah," she says. I let go of her and help her down the stairs.

"Don't mention it."

I helped my former best friend to Mikey's car and safely got her in the vehicle.

"I'm going to go get Mikey and then we can go, okay?"

"Okay," she smiled weakly. That's the thing about Karlie. She can be a hot mess and everything in her life could be going completely wrong, but she would still wear a smile on her face. Even if it's fake, she's still trying.

"See ya soon," I dismiss myself and drag my heels on the ground. It's been a long night. I hope I find Mikey in one piece.