Chapter 15 pt. 2

Bryce's P.O.V.

The memory of Hannah's appalled facial expression has been on constant replay since that instance. The way her blue eyes had flickered into the color of coal, and her nostrils flared when her face got tense.

She was angry.

Angrier than I have ever seen her.

She was disappointed and upset and I had reminded myself to the point of torture that I was the cause of her terrible night.

I miss her. I haven't been myself since that night before I went to California. I miss the late night phone calls until 2 in the morning. I miss her lying down with me at night, falling asleep next to me in my arms.

I miss waking up to her smile and her long, blonde hair stringing next to my body because it was so dang thick and lengthy. But I loved it. I loved it and I loved her.

And what hurts the most? Is that my best friend gets her all to himself and I can't even be associated with her anymore. I can't be associated with either of them anymore, because it hurts too much to think about it.
I hurt her, I hurt Mikey, and I hurt Karlie.

So, yeah, maybe my feelings for Karlie faded out quickly, but I shouldn't have been so....evil to her. That's what I was last night... I just snapped.

On everyone. No amount of apologies can make up for what I did, and I'm not sure I want them to.

Those people...they're great; amazing. They all deserve a better person to be around than me.

Maybe I'm the one that should go back to California.

Not Mikey.

It's me.

I'm the problem.

I'm always the problem.

I reluctantly pick up my phone from the glass table, fingers twitching. I call her number for the 17th time, hoping she'll pick up. But I know she won't.

And that's okay, as long as she gets this message.

After a few rings, the call goes to voicemail, and I leave a message at the tone.

"Hey, Han. It's Bryce. I know last night, things got crazy. I hurt everyone I care about; you're right on that. I just want to let you know.. That I'm leaving. I'm going back to California," my shaky hands manage to end the message and I hang up, guilt weighing me down.

Guilt.

The one thing I'm trying to run away from, but why do I still feel it?

This is the right thing, right?

This is what I have to do.

I'm going through with this.
----------------
Uh-ohh🤷🏼‍♀️