TRACK 3

3

3. THUNDER
BOYS LIKE GIRLS
"your eyes are the brightest of all the colors, i don't wanna ever love another"

Nick knew that seventh grade was basically the beginning of the years where people begin to realize what they want to do. And it was usually a time when people started caring about the opposite sex, and it wasn't any different for him or Meg. He's found himself crushing on the transfer student from Italy, a girl named Serena who had the prettiest smile he's ever seen. Serena was in his algebra class, and she was probably the first girl he's ever talked to, besides Meg.

Speaking of Meg, as soon as she entered seventh grade, her popularity skyrocketed. She was no longer that boyish girl that loved to sing, she was suddenly someone every guy wanted to date. She was one of the girls every guy had their eye on, and she was oblivious to their attention for some reason. Then again, she's never really cared about what others thought about her as long as she did her own thing. Maybe she really didn't know?

  Nick knew he couldn't do anything about his best friend's growing popularity, and he had other more important things to worry about. Like considering asking out the prettiest girl he's ever seen. Yeah, that was definitely something he really needed to worry about.

"Wait, you're going to do what now?" Meg's chocolate colored eyes went wide, an expression of shock plastered on her tanned face as she turned to look at her best friend of four years.

Nick had just confessed to his best friend about his plans of asking Serena out, and he was met with the expected look of disbelief and shock he knew he was going to see as soon as he decided to tell Meg. For the past four years of their friendship, Nick hasn't really ever expressed attraction to another person and he knew it would be a bit of a shock to Meg since she hasn't heard him say he liked a person, like ever. This was his first time liking someone, and he hoped that it would all work out since he thought he wasn't ready for his first heartbreak yet.

"I said I'm gonna ask Serena out," Nick repeated with a grin, his cheeks flushing pink as he pictured the Italian girl's gorgeous smile that never seemed to disappear from his mind.

Meg's pink lips pulled downwards as she gazed at Nick with a confused look, but quickly shook it off and flashed her best friend a huge smile. "That-that's wonderful, Nicky! I'm so glad you've finally found someone to like, you know, after four damn years of na-da." Meg's right eye dropped into a teasing wink, causing the blush on Nick's cheeks to grow much redder. "I definitely approve. She's gorgeous."

Nick nodded in agreement, the Italian brunette's pretty smile popping into his head as Meg spoke. "Thanks, it means a lot, Meg." He cleared his throat, feeling the blood leave his cheeks as he began to grow calm. "I could use a little help in asking her out. And you know, date plans, if she does say yes."

Meg nodded firmly, her lips pressing into a thin line as her chocolate brown eyes narrowed upon hearing his words. She was most likely thinking of the perfect date plan, and the perfect way to ask her out, and it had to be nothing shy of perfect by her standards since she was the biggest perfectionist around.

Smiling widely, the brunette girl turned to her best friend and wrapped her fingers around his wrist. "I have the perfect plan. There's no way she'll reject you with what I have in mind."

Nick grinned, his heart leaping as he stared at the smiling brunette. But there was a feeling in his gut that he couldn't ignore, it was foreign so he didn't know what he's feeling. He couldn't really understand what exactly it was that made him feel like he's making a really bad decision, but he felt that he was gonna find out soon.

+++
i love liza soberano so much that i actually incorporated her character from dolce amore here