TRACK 9

9

9. INTO YOU
ARIANA GRANDE

"i'm so into you, i can barely breathe"

Nick couldn't keep his eyes off the sleeping brunette who was snoring lightly beside him, with only the cream white sheets they had made love on, wrapped around her naked body. He's never seen her look so vulnerable the way she did right now, as she's always had such a strong front on ever since they were children. She could show weakness every now and then, but she'd never left herself tear every single wall down even though they were best friends.

He's okay with that, he did understand. But he couldn't ever admit that he wanted her to show him every single weakness she had, knowing fully well that she could trust him. She did love him after all, but maybe not as much as he loved her.

It's been more than a year since the twosome had started dating, and Nick couldn't recall any other time when he was this happy. Like, truly happy. The girl he's been with for years was finally his, and she shared the same feelings towards him as he did to her. He never thought that it could ever happen, but it did, and he was grateful to whatever higher power brought them together like this. He would always dream about the time she'd wake up and realize that he was here the entire time, but he never thought that maybe, just maybe... she already had. And she was already so far gone, she was too deeply in love with him.

He slowly reached out, tracing his fingers gently onto her smooth skin, the edges of his lips curling upwards as he felt the warmth of the woman he loved on his fingertips. Even though they've touched so many times, and sometimes more intimate than most, he'd never fail to feel the surge of electricity that would run through his veins the moment his skin would touch hers. His heart wouldn't ever fail to skip a few beats whenever he saw her beautiful smile or heard her melodious laughter ringing in the air. His breath wouldn't fail to hitch whenever she was nearby, so close to him that he could feel the warmth emanating from her body.

She was truly such a beautiful woman and he still couldn't believe that she'd choose him, out of all the others who'd want to be with her. He couldn't ever understand why her heart chose to fall for someone like him, but maybe he didn't need to. He didn't even know how or why he fell so hard for her in the first place, but that's just how love is.

You just fall.

"Mmm..." The slumbering female let out a tiny sound as her eyelids began to flutter, and her chocolate eyes peeked out from behind her eyelids. A smile made its way onto her face as soon as her dark eyes found his own, and he felt the almost scripted skipping of his heart in his chest. "Good morning, baby."

"Good morning baby," Nick replied as he leaned in to press a gentle kiss onto her forehead. His arms found themselves around her waist, pulling their bodies closer as they shared one another's bare warmth. "I know you're still a bit sleepy, but we should probably take a shower first."

Meg let out a groan, burying her face into her boyfriend's exposed chest. "But the bed feels so warm, and you feel so warm, I never wanna leave," she grumbled groggily with a huff.

"Come on Meggy, we can shower together if you want. You have to get up and shower or we'll stink," he laughed as he began to stroke her messy brown hair.

"Mmm... tempting." She giggled as she wrapped her arms tighter around his waist. "Carry me?"

He definitely didn't need to think twice, as he pulled themselves up off the bed, earning a surprised squeal from the smaller girl as she tightened her hold on the brunette who made his way to the bathroom with her still in his arms. He carefully placed the grinning girl down on the ground as soon as he locked the bathroom door behind them, glancing at their naked reflections in the mirror.

Meg grinned mischievously as she turned to enter the shower, immediately turning the shower on so they can begin to rinse themselves of the sweaty reminder of last night on their bodies. Peering over her shoulder with a smirk, she asked one question that quickly made all the heat rise onto Nick's face just like that. "So, are you gonna join me or what?"

+++
they are goals im crying