TRACK 13

13

13. WE DON'T TALK ANYMORE
CHARLIE PUTH FT SELENA GOMEZ

"we don't talk anymore, like we used to do"

Minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days and days turned to weeks. Time has continued on, despite the fact that Nick felt that earth stood still the moment he had set the love of his life free. He felt as if there was a huge part of him missing, and he remembered that Meg has been a huge part of his life even before they fell in love. Way before he even knew what love was, she was the only person who truly understood him and who knew what he was going through.

Now that she was gone, he didn't have anyone to confide in. It did suck not having anyone to share his pain with, as he wanted to tell someone he trusted with his life about the pain he was feeling in his heart. But his best friend was gone.

He couldn't lean on her anymore, he couldn't be with her anymore, he couldn't talk with her anymore.

He knew that what both of them needed right now was space, but he was finding that hard since all he wanted to do right now was run back into her arms. But she couldn't do that. He was well aware of the fact that whatever shit he's going through now, she was experiencing as well. Maybe her pain was even worse, since she was the one who has been broken beyond repair.

Nick knew that he needed to relieve himself of the pain, even if it was just a little, and to do so, he had to find someone who was willing to listen to him rant on and on and on, a shoulder to cry on and to lean on while he was in this pathetic, shattered state. He needed to find someone who was willing to lend him their ears, someone who wouldn't judge him no matter what comes out of his mouth.

He thought about it carefully. Surely, every single guy friend he had was out of the question, none of them knew him as well as Meg did and they would probably laugh if they found out he was getting sad about a girl. His parents would have been okay, but he didn't really wanna worry them especially since they're miles away and they'd probably go out of their way just to see him if they found out what happened between him and Meg.

And then, it occurred to him. Who better to talk with him about the troubles of his heart than one of the people who used to own his?

He quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket, pulling up the beautiful Italian girl's number as he began to text her in hopes that she hasn't changed her number since high school. Despite their breakup years ago, they were still close friends throughout high school. She was always the first person he'd go to when he needed to talk about Meg to someone, and she offered great advice all the time. She was definitely who he needed right now.

Nick Rob ✌🏻
serena hey

After a few moments, Nick let out a relieved sigh when he saw that Serena was typing out a message.

Serena Gomez 👄
Nick!!!!
I haven't talked to you in forever
How have you been omg

Nick Rob ✌🏻
well... not so good actually
meg and i broke up a few weeks ago

Serena Gomez 👄
Oh my gosh
I am so sorry Nick
I really thought you guys would make it bc you two looked so inlove

Nick Rob ✌🏻
that makes two of us
anyways shit happens
but i'm actually here to talk about that
is it okay?

Serena Gomez 👄
You know I'm always here to talk
Go ahead, Nick
Open your heart up
Let everything out
I'll be here to help you get back on your feet

Nick Rob ✌🏻
Thanks rena, you're a really good friend

Serena Gomez 👄
Now tell mama rena bout all yo troubles

+++
okay omg serena's last name isn't gomez but that was a nickname for her by nick since serena is so close to selena

pictured above is liza soberano who plays serena <3 isn't she a bae?